• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HTC Sensation 4G

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have this? From what I'm reading, it's one of the top Android phones on the market. The display looks ridiculously slick. Is this something worth getting within a month, or should I wait for the much-hyped Motorola Photon (which has similar features)?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Currently AT&T, but I believe my contract is up in August so I'm willing to go elsewhere.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When the Samsung Galaxy S2 gets released on AT&T, that will be the gold standard of Android phones. The new Droid is supposed to be nice, but its got the keyboard, so it might not be your cup of tea. I have yet to see anything that looks as nice as the new Galaxy but that might change by the time its released.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 for the galaxy s2. currently waiting out for that unless apple releases a kickass new iphone 5

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm taking the plunge on this. From what I can tell, the Galaxy S 2 is very similar to this (only big difference is more on-board memory; not a big deal for me). It ain't cheap at $199 for a new contract but I've never had a "nice" phone.

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
+1 for the galaxy s2. currently waiting out for that unless apple releases a kickass new iphone 5

+1 iPhone 5=
inlove.gif

gateslion

Reaction score
If the Galaxy SII and the Sensation are really close enough to each other that you can't form a strong preference, then I'd say declare it a tie, and then decide which service provider you'd rather use.

Since the Sensation is on Tmobile, you may also want to take a look at the G2X. Its supposed to be a strong contender too.

You really need to take a look at the phones in person, IMHO. Its not just about hardware and tech stats. The user interface is going to make a HUGE impact on how you use and enjoy the phone. EX: The Sensation uses sense 3 or something like that. So, its running android underneath, but its presented to you with this whole custom set up that feels totally different. (its supposed ot be pretty slick) The G2X on the other hand is running stock android software, without a skin over it, so its going to look and feel sort of like the original G1 layout. Kind of boring, and not ass gee whiz flashy as the Sensation, on the other hand, being stock and unlocked allows you to root it and customize it if you are the type that likes to tinker with your software.

You best bet for now is to just google "sensation vs " and see what comes up, then watch the videos. Heres a start

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
How does the Sensation differ from the Evo (provider aside)?

gateslion

Reaction score
"Iphone 4, I need the Iphone 4."

"We don't have any in, but we DO have some HTC Evos"

"What is that? Is it an Iphone?"

"Why do you need the Iphone 4?"

"Because it is the best phone"

"What makes it the best phone?"

"Because it is an Iphone."

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've heard excellent things about the Sensation G4 but am putting off getting it myself because I'm favoring the next iPhone instead. I realise the per-month costs are higher going with Apple,

Huh? "That's illogical Captain!" Surely the monthly costs are the same whatever smart-phone you have? Unless you're using more minutes and making more calls just because you have an iPhone.

but the features - comparatively speaking - are just worth the extra expense.

What features? We don't know anything about the iPhone 5 yet. Could just be a restyled iPhone 4 for all we know. The iPhone 5 may not cost any more than the current one, it could actually be cheaper.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads