1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hpv

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by rcm55910, Jul 10, 2002.

1. rcm55910

rcm55910 Member

I think my girlfriend may have it and was wondering how dangerous it is or if anyone has had any experience with it.

2. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

I have no personal experience with it, as far as I know. (HPV is probably the most common STD, although most people have a successful immune response to the virus and are thus asymptomatic.) However, there are some good resources on the web regarding HPV, including the following link: Quick Reference Guide to Patient Questions About HPV Basically, it's almost always sexually transmitted; if you've had unprotected sex with her, then there's a very good chance that you have it, too; you can't currently cure HPV, but you can treat the symptoms; left untreated, HPV can lead to cancers of the cervix, vagina, penis and/or anus. There are over 80 strains of HPV, and not all of them are dangerous. So, before anyone panics, the best thing to do is 1) read up on HPV, and 2) have a long, detailed, informed discussion with your doctor(s). People who follow proper screening and treatment procedures have a much better chance of remaining healthy than those who do not.