• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How's the fit on these white jeans?

whistler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whistler
I tried these white jeans on at the store today and snapped a pic with my iphone. They felt a little tight but I wonder how they look in terms of fit?
IMG_0001-1.jpg

Thanks for the comments. It's good to know that the fit looks ok. Seems like the majority view is to hem the inseam.
Originally Posted by onion
In what specific area do you think they feel too tight, and why?
They felt pretty skin-tight around the thighs, so I wondered if there should be a bit more room there.
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
What are they?
The jeans are from a shop that stocks a lot of local Melbourne designers, so I think they are from one of those labels. I'll confirm next time I go there. Actually, I'm trying to emulate the fit on these beauties, which were posted on WAYWRN a while back (sorry I can't remember the name of the poster):
4.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bottom pic is about spot on.

To me, white jeans need to hit just at the top of the shoe, little or no break. Ref: Steve McQueen's mid-1960s look, or Daniel Craig in Quantum. I think because they're intended to look crisp and tight, having them a little long tends to look sloppy.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
I think they look great, maybe hemmed a couple inches.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Using Technology
Don't hem these... they aren't dress pants. Jeans are supposed to stack.

Eh eh, not necessarily. A trouser w/ a clean break is usually a good one. Jeans look great, just get the next size down on the length...

KenN

Reaction score
-off topic-

How does one keep them white?

Brian SD

Reaction score
They look good in the leg, up top they look uncomfortably tight. If its not painful, then I think they look pretty good.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great fit, hem them to no break and they will look wonderful. Its up to you how often you want to wash them, I would leave them a bit dirty myself to get that nice cream/worn-in look, but you could wash them frequently if you like the pure white.

One thing, DON'T bleach them, ever, bleach ruins the threads and even a little bit isn't worth playing with. Maybe there are some weaker bleaches out there or a mix you can do, but I'd stay away from it all together.

Stylepending

Reaction score
The jeans are from a shop that stocks a lot of local Melbourne designers, so I think they are from one of those labels. I'll confirm next time I go there.

If it's a Melbourne denim designer, then i might take a punt and say it's the brand "flux Melbourne"

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
-off topic-

How does one keep them white?

Well, if you're used to raw denim and not spilling **** all over them this shouldn't be a problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads