• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How's the fit of this sport coat?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2i1cp39.jpg
I realize the sleeves look a little short, but I kinda like it short on this sport coat. But how is the fit? comments?

chiefrocker2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
2i1cp39.jpg

I realize the sleeves look a little short, but I kinda like it short on this sport coat.

But how is the fit? comments?

Other than the sleeves being a little short (which you are o.k. with) I think it looks just fine. The slim fit is in and this jacket is definetly slim fit. Great choice.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's too tight in the waist or the quarters are too open - it should hang so that the bottom button could close and your shirt/belt shouldn't show. Also it's a suit jacket.

Shoulders are good, though. If you're just going to wear it casually, no-one will notice anything I've pointed out. Rock it.

Ivar

Reaction score
Looks good. Sleeves aren't too short. They're pretty much perfect length. I'm not a fan of pinstriped sports jackets -- as they tend to look like orphaned suit jackets -- so that's my one objection.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2i1cp39.jpg
I realize the sleeves look a little short, but I kinda like it short on this sport coat. But how is the fit? comments?

This is excellent! I even like the coat, although it looks like a suit jacket. Keep it and wear it. The sleeves are fine, if they are the same length. Looks silly with the jeans, though.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The wide peak lapels, pinstrips, and high button placement make it look too out of place by itself. The fit is pretty good, and I think the sleeve length is ok. Would porbalby look better unbuttoned if you wear it like that.

echau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivar
Looks good. Sleeves aren't too short. They're pretty much perfect length. I'm not a fan of pinstriped sports jackets -- as they tend to look like orphaned suit jackets -- so that's my one objection.

+1

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
The wide peak lapels, pinstrips, and high button placement make it look too out of place by itself. The fit is pretty good, and I think the sleeve length is ok. Would porbalby look better unbuttoned if you wear it like that.

I would wear it unbuttoned, but I was buttoning it to show the fit.

Many of you said this, and I know it looks like an orphaned suit jacket, but I bought it from gucci on a rack of them as sport coats.

What pants would you guys wear it with?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
It's too tight in the waist or the quarters are too open - it should hang so that the bottom button could close and your shirt/belt shouldn't show. .

Doesn't that have to do with button stance? Aren't the quarters going to naturally be more open on a jacket with a high button stance like this? Thus resulting in showing the belt/shirt? The rise of the pants also be a factor.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear it unbuttoned, but I was buttoning it to show the fit. Many of you said this, and I know it looks like an orphaned suit jacket, but I bought it from gucci on a rack of them as sport coats. What pants would you guys wear it with?
This (but with black shoes): NOBD:
01totaalj.jpg
02details.jpg
03detailsschoenen.jpg

Ivar

Reaction score
What pants would you guys wear it with?

Worsted or flannel pants in charcoal grey would be the boilerplate answer, but I'm thinking maybe the outfit would be more harmonious if you counterpointed the pinstripes on the top half with an equally loud pattern on the bottom half. Maybe something like a grey Prince-of-Wales check would do the trick? Hard to tell.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
it should hang so that the bottom button could close

No, it shouldn't. You may not personally like the quarters to be so open, but there's nothing inherantly wrong with it. The second button is often cut on the cut-away so it cannot possibly be buttoned; Sciamat seem particularly fond of doing this:
dsc0078wv.jpg

MrBon

Reaction score
2i1cp39.jpg

I realize the sleeves look a little short, but I kinda like it short on this sport coat.

But how is the fit? comments?

The sleeves on the jacket are short, i like my sleeves on the short side, but i would be happier if the sleeves came down to where the shirt sleeves falls. The waist my be a little tight... i like the length jacket. If you wear a jacket with a short length, and then the sleeves are too short, and the waist is a bit tight... all of a sudden you have the Frankenstein Look/fit, or your wearing a jacket you wore in high school. Go with a short length (for your size) but have the sleeves fit properly with a little BREATHING room around the waist, your jacket should feel comfortable with movement. JMO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads