1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hows the beard coming along

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ken, Feb 3, 2004.

1. ken

ken Banned by Request

I've got about 3 1/2 weeks growth here. [​IMG] [​IMG] and I dug up some pictures of me sans facial hair: [​IMG] [​IMG] What do you guys think..? keep going?

2. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior Member

Wow, it's such a different look than what you had before. I think it looks nice. You got one vote for "keep it."

3. Jill

Jill Senior Member

LOSE IT. Why would you want to cover such a handsome face?.

Footnote: Watch "Cops" sometime. 99% of the perps have facial hair. I'm just sayin'....

4. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Looks like we have a feminine voice on our boards now, welcome. [​IMG]

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Distinguished Member

Hey man, it looks great. Get some clippers and trim it so that you have some neatly cropped stubble, it would look best that way.

Cool tats BTW.

6. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Keep it. You've got that subversive, Edward Norton look going there. Pretty cool. All you need now is the Harley.

7. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior Member

I'm with Jill on this one. Ultimately it's whatever you like. (Unrelated and has nothing to do with my opinion)Somehow when I see a brown beard I am reminded of Hans(played by Alan Rickman) from Die Hard. Chuck/Jill, how long 'til Angel joins? [​IMG] Â With the two of you she certainly won't be lacking in sartorial knowledge. Â Welcome, Jill.

8. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Senior Member

The beard looks nice. It's always fun to try something new.

BTW, from what I can see, that's some really nice ink. Here I was thinking I was a bigshot with my half sleeve, and then I saw these pictures.

9. Carlo

Carlo Distinguished Member

Banks - Angel votes NO on the beard. "Wow, he sure went from handsome to icky - first he grows a beard, then changes from nice clothes to tee-shirts and now he's smoking, ICKY."

LOL 8 years old and she comes back from visiting her mom and asks Jill how she can take her mom to "Style Court" - Jill is one great brainwasher.

10. Jill

Jill Senior Member

Ken. Don't listen to them. Those other guys are trying to eliminate the competition by letting you cover up that studly face. Don't fall for it..

11. ken

ken Banned by Request

Hehehe... thanks. That made my day. I guess I'll have to get rid of it before my first nephew is born (should be a few months) so I'm not known as the 'icky uncle'.

Thanks for all the responses. I will say that my ugly mug is sure staying warmer and drying out less in this cold weather.

12. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

I'm on day 5 of not shaving (just shaping here and there)... never tried to grow a beard out, figured I'd let it go for a few weeks to see what it looks like. Looks pretty thin right now though [​IMG]

13. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior Member

Dang it, Jill. Â haha, you figured us out. Â [​IMG] Ken, if you want a much more casual appearance, the beard looks nice. Â I don't think it'll work for a more formal occasion. Â But, it looks like you were going for a more laid-back casual look. Â If so, keep the beard.

14. Jill

Jill Senior Member

...a casual lumberjack, that is. Now you just need buffalo plaid flannel Paul Bunyun shirt to go with it...[​IMG]