Howie's - nice stuff

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Debaser, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Debaser

Debaser Well-Known Member

Howies I really like the philosophy of this company (read some of the articles on their ideals). There seems to be an active or outdoors vibe to their apparel. Very relaxed, but very durable and comfortable. I've heard great things about their denim, and they have a selvage pair as well. Organic cotton tees and hoodies, Merino base layers and fleeces--I urge anyone that hasn't tried merino for layering to do so. Merino's natural moisture-wicking properties are far superior to that of underarmour, dri-fit, etc. A lot of their gear is currently on sale, some of you might want to give it a shot. They do ship to the U.S.A.

2. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Looks like some nice stuff. Do you know if the jeans are button-fly and how they are cut?

Dan

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

With the dollar to pounds exchange, plus the shipping / export tariffs, we who are on the other side of the pond are going to be royally screwed when ordering. Alas, items look fascinating.

Jon.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Decent looking clothes, could use a little less of the agenda. The parkas look comfy.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

On the record: their denim is awesome. Heavy weight, excellent quality and a nice, updated cut.

Dan, the cut is loose and relaxed. They're about equivalent to the APC Anglaise or Nudie Loose Frank, for reference.

6. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with their t-shirts, particularly how they fit and how long they are? I'm thinking about buying some blanks.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A Scottish buddy of mine swears by them. All the clothes are slightly relaxed fit, but not fat guy relaxed. Think One True Saxon or 6876. The medium fits me pretty well, for reference.

8. seen

seen Senior member

UK stores only, huh?