Howdy all, maybe some help identifying a label for me?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by txwoodworker, Apr 9, 2013.

1. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

I searched the threads for just this exact type of thread, assumed there would be an "official" one, feel free to move this over if I just missed it.

Found this shirt thrifting, love the fabric, it doesn't look old, the color is fantastic. Hoping to get some more info on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MOP buttons. The tag says "Monarques" and "Neuilly" - so Neuilly-sur-Seine comes up, and Monarque comes up. Besides that ink stamp above the label there's nothing else on the shirt.

I'm curious, but I'm also a reseller, and I'd just plain keep the shirt, but the sleeves are too short for me, so I'd like to know what I'm selling when I decide to put it up. If anyone is interested it fit me great except for the sleeves, I wear a 16-35, I'd guess the sleeve length at a 32 on this. I'd provide more pics if it helps, but it's a shirt... spread collar... maybe you experts would be able to i.d. more from the cut of the shirt. Lemmie know.

2. txwoodworker

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

If you like it as you say, have it made into a short sleeve and enjoy it. $15 ought to do it. You may get all of $8 for the buttons if you choose to sell it.
    Welcome to Styleforum.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  4. txwoodworker

That's a great idea. Im wearing it today with sleeves rolled up to see how i like it. I'm surprised that in a connected age I can't find the maker. I had no idea the buttons would sell for that much, good to know. Thanks for your help.
    Tom