• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Howard Yount?

Young Pro

Reaction score
Perhaps a silly question, but is Howard Yount still in business? I've read some of the posts about him being completely unresponsive, but the website still appears to be live...

I only ask because I happen to really like their cotton OTC socks and was considering ordering several pairs.

If anyone else knows an alternative source for cotton OTC socks in interesting colours/patterns, please share. I have some Marcoliani as well, but the OTC ones are hard to find and considerably more expensive.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The business still seems to be live, even seen new products added to the store.

I was tempted to order a couple things but never got around to it - socks would be part of my order

greenhouse

Reaction score
Any idea why the owner never replies to anyone? Just curious if he had some kind of explanation prior to going silent.... It is very odd to me that he would still operate the store and actively ship (plus, presumably, process returns), yet stop replying to customers.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea why the owner never replies to anyone? Just curious if he had some kind of explanation prior to going silent.... It is very odd to me that he would still operate the store and actively ship (plus, presumably, process returns), yet stop replying to customers.
Many theories around this over the years here on SF......now we just don’t be give a ****

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, I ordered a scarf on November 1 and it was shipped on the 13th. I got it some days back.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is really unfortunate, since I loved the staple wool and flannel trousers they offered. However, given how the fits changed over the years, I am just not sure that ordering is a good idea.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seven or eight years ago, I'd guess, the person who owns Howard
Yount- name honors a deceased relative, attended a SF Meet-UP
in San Francisco with samples. As I recall, the quality of his slacks
was very high for the price. I never ordered any, as it turns out,
because the rise measurements did not conform to my own.
If quality has been maintained, I would definitely recommend
them.

Last edited:

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always had good service from HY, but I haven't ordered in more than a year. You might look to O'Connell's for a large selection of Marcoliani and Bresciani socks. Kabbaz and Kelly is also a good source.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't order from that douchbag Jamison. Many people have been burned.

Check out Berg and Berg (they use European manufacturer) or Dapper Classics (they also use Hertling like Jamison)

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't order from that douchbag Jamison. Many people have been burned.

Check out Berg and Berg (they use European manufacturer) or Dapper Classics (they also use Hertling like Jamison)
Burned how? Examples?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look up the thread. Lots of people took forever to get refunds/exchanges, or never got them.

A lot of people tried to reach out too via email to alert him to the lack of responsiveness, and he most definitely ignored them. Yount i not deserving of the business from members here. Zero ***** given by Jamison.

YourArsenal

Reaction score
Anyone else spot Jamison in that Gay Talese 'Voyeur' documentary? Apparently he works for his publisher now or something.

inq89

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread but curious if HY still makes dress pants? The website always seems to be out of stock for most sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads