1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Howard Yount wool pants fit slim?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bijox, Jul 10, 2011.

1. bijox

bijox Well-Known Member

How are Howard Yount pants fitting? Are they slim or a bit more relaxed / loose?

2. enjoiii

enjoiii Senior member

I'm curious as well. I have bigger thighs and butt (but not huge), would they fit ok?

Is there any fit pics???

3. mishon

mishon Senior member

Slim. Size up 1 for a better fit.

4. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

I just got my first pair. I'm usually a 32" or 33" pant size (e.g., 33" in most BB pants), and HY's 32" fit me perfectly (I might need to let them out about a half inch in the waist).

They are definitely on the slim side, but if you're between sizes, you might want try one or two sizes, as I think their shipping and return policies are pretty good.

5. HenryFlower

HenryFlower Senior member

I have weightlifter thighs and butt and am reasonably lean; sizing up in HY works just fine. Sizing up doesn't work for Mabitex, as I've recently sadly learned.

6. JakeLA

JakeLA Senior member

I have weightlifter thighs and butt and am reasonably lean; sizing up in HY works just fine. Sizing up doesn't work for Mabitex, as I've recently sadly learned.

I was waiting for the "I have big thighs because of weightlifting/rugby/soccer/cycling" comment; thanks for stepping up.

7. HenryFlower

HenryFlower Senior member

Just to add more clarification for the record: I'm an eu50, generally take 34". HY eu52/36" works for me, but not much room for keys/etc. in the front pockets (but that's what the jacket is for), and the fit is slim but comfortable in the thighs and seat. My thighs are 24", which is big but not monster truck sized; if you have truly massive thighs, HY probably won't work.

8. luzer

luzer Senior member

IMHO:

the 'Italian;' cut is tight on the thighs/behind
    the 'American' is looser

--edit--
    leg opening larger in italian though

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

I've purchased a few 38" The waist was a bit tight and the seat also. I have had them all let out, but they look fantastic after alterations. They fit thin through the thigh and all taper down the leg. See below.

[​IMG]

I did not know there were two fits until my last order but the difference wasn't that big although one was noticeably a bit tighter.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012