• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Howard Yount vs Panta

Bellum

Reaction score
If you have experience with both, which do you prefer (POLL)?

What are the major differences between the two (fabric, fit, selection, construction, customer service, whatever)?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at the HY website and look at Ed's thread. The major difference is that they carry pants made with diferent fabrics at different price points. Pantas comes with more handwork, but both are excellently constructed. Buy from whomever carries the fabric and size at the price you're looking for. I have both and they are excellent.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like this poll. Both sellers offer excellent products, and both have been great contributors to our forum. They offer pants at different price points, and this exercise is just silly.

No offense.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can have an opinion still, even though both partake in this forum
smile.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any of the pants but I'd buy both of them if they offered something that actually fit me.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i only have experience with Panta but at the current price point for the wool pants it is overly superlative for its msrp.
also the cut on it is exactly in line with how i like to wear pants in certain occasions. the fabrics are really rich. and it has the what i call the 'obsessive buyer' quality to it, meaning you buy one, you get hooked and get a huge urge to get more, or has a sort of a sartorial 'cult' following due to it.
this only occurs with certain few brands with me.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I applaud both for their entrepreneur spirit and don't have experience with either, Daffys Incotex/Mabitex FTW. I imagine peeps purchase these trou out of some sort of sense of loyalty. Regardless who offers the pants for sale, I'm out for the bargain.

There, I said it. Both live within walking distance from me.

hammer07

Reaction score
Both are awesome and pretty much no-brainers whenever I'm looking for pants; Jamison's flannels are superb.

Bellum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
I don't like this poll. Both sellers offer excellent products, and both have been great contributors to our forum. They offer pants at different price points, and this exercise is just silly.

No offense.

Well yes, I'm sure both are good guys, nocturnal spaghetti habits notwithstanding. I don't think that means their products are not open to fair discussion...

And no offense taken. I also don't mean any offense by this thread. Maybe it's gauche but I'm looking for some info as I step up from the Inco- and Mabi- tex I've been buying from the forum.

There was a recent thread about Sam Hober and Kent Wang grenadine ties that both members participated in. It was friendly and informative to me. Hoping for the same here. The vs in the title was not well thought out.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Both live within walking distance from me.
Not sure that's physically possible.

I haven't tried Panta yet but I have a pair of HY cotton trousers and they're great. Very good value too.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

elgreco

Reaction score
That's good to know about Panta...I need a rise up to my nips.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Panta are the best RTW trouser I have ever worn.

Keep in mind, though, that (1) it's a particular cut and fit, and (2) so far,
the runs are basically limited editions.

As for HY, I don't have their pants, but J. runs the very model of what an online haberdashery should be. I really think J. is the leader in this.

- B

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Panta are the best RTW trouser I have ever worn.

Keep in mind, though, that (1) it's a particular cut and fit, and (2) so far,
the runs are basically limited editions.

As for HY, I don't have their pants, but J. runs the very model of what an online haberdashery should be. I really think J. is the leader in this.

- B

What kind of nonsense is this, really? You own one but not the other yet the other is the leader?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads