1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by LA Guy, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

It's been raining the past few days and I'm thinking of picking up an umbrella. I'm torn, what do you guys think would look nicer? Blackwatch or prince of wales?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

The pow is more fun, but the blackwatch looks awesome! Between the two … I'd go blackwatch. The "fit & finish" looks tighter on the blackwatch too … the pow doesn't look like the pattern matches up as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

That blackwatch umbrella makes me wish it rained more in LA - that, and my water bill.

4. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

One improvement I'd like to see in the future is for pattern matching on the umbrella canopies. It looks like some of them have it but some do not. It's a bit jarring to me when the checks are all out of synch. Is there a technical reason why this doesn't always line up?

5. TM79

TM79 Senior member

PoW umbrella looks too over the top for me eyes.

6. Sudonihm

Sudonihm Senior member

Don't take my delay in posting this update as the timeline for Jamison's response. It was much quicker. Jamison reached out to me when he received my order for exchange to make sure I received items I really wanted. He was responsive and extremely helpful. He reshipped the new items very quickly and covered the return shipping on the original order (as it was HY's error). In the end, I received some beautifully made items, with which I am very pleased. I would prefer an easier opportunity to communicate about sizing, ordering, styles, etc, but I probably would order from Jamison again as the items are extremely well made and at a fair price. Anyway, thanks for all the helpful advice.

7. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

I just emailed him about a return and he responded literally a minute later. I guess I got lucky and caught him at a good time.

8. europrep

europrep Senior member

Glad it worked out. Agree on the part I bolded above. I think it is unfair for him to get labeled as horrible customer service by so many when it is only one facet of his customer service that is lacking (or basically non-existent). There are many areas of his customer service that far exceed other retailers IMO.

9. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Jamison always answers my mails within 24h of contact. Never had an issue with customer service.

10. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

For what it is worth, I bought the first wave of HY umbrellas in... maybe 2010? 2009? And mine has held up beautifully. Looks as good as the day I bought it. Absolutely no complaints here.

11. yellowfellow

yellowfellow New Member

I bought a couple of size 32 pants and they were a bit too tight for me. I emailed Jamison twice within the last week (1 week = 7 days = 168 hours = 10,080 minutes) and guess what? Still no reply yet. Could anyone tell me is there any magic or something to get his attention? Thank you guys so much in advance!

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

read this thread. same post gets posted by different people every week or so.

1 person likes this.
  13. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just got the gray wool D-ring trouser, made in Italy. It feels a little roomier than the other Italy stuff. Which I like. Think that brings me to six pairs of pants, one suit, 15+ ties, two squares, and not a single problem.

14. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I thought you were on your way to breaking out into that song from Rent.

15. europrep

europrep Senior member

Interesting. I'll have to take another look at the site. Last time I checked, all the D-Ring pants were American made.

16. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Hi sir,

How do you feel about HY ties, if you don't mind me asking? I'm loving quite a few of his offerings but I'm somewhat undecided because most are quite slim (3" or less) for my hefty frame.

Thank you!

17. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Perhaps they are made in America. Would explain the roominess.

I don't have any of the skinnier ties. In terms of quality, it's pretty varied. Nothing awful, but a few that don't drape very well, or at least as well as I'd like.

18. RunningMan

RunningMan Member

Recently I shipped a return back to Howardyount (per Jamison's instructions). However, 2 weeks later it came back 'return to send.' Per the post office, the reason for the return was the package was unclaimed. Reached out to Jamison 2x via email to see if he could weigh in on what might have been the issue prior to paying to ship it back again but I haven't heard back. Wondering if anyone had a similar issue with sending him packages?

(it is frustrating because he has such wonderful things at reasonable prices...)

19. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I bought total of 7 pairs of pants form HY. At first time I felt they are bit roomier than my other pants. Over time - loving these classic fits. Pants drapes really well.

20. patlaw

patlaw Member

Same issue with communication here. I returned a pair of pants two months ago. Within a few days, he e-mailed and said he would exchange the pants when the restock arrived the next week. The restock clearly arrived as the sizes on the website were updated. However, he no longer responds to my e-mails. At this point, I'm just assuming that I will likely not receive a response, and I am just hoping for the best that I haven't lost my money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.