1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by LA Guy, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

I received two pairs of the HY Irish linen pants today. They are clearly labelled "Professional Dryclean Only". As a long-married man, I am used to following instructions.

1 person likes this.
  2. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks for all for the feedback. Good to know, arahat. I don't mind slight shrinkage, just significant shrinkage (obviously).

The thing about linen is that with washing, it gets softer (as you all know). I don't know if this is true when you dry-clean. So, aside from avoiding dry cleaning chemicals if possible (and it's not always possible), I find it more convenient to wash my own clothes.

I might take the chance and cold wash/line dry, but more data if its out there! So if others have washed HY linen trousers, I'd appreciate the feedback before deciding on taking the chance.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  3. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, as a long-married man too, I can second the strategy.

That said, I have one pair of light grey cotton Epaulet trousers that are so marked. But after consulting with Mike who emphasized that the pants could definitely be washed and that I'd only see shrinkage on the length if anywhere, I went for the cold wash/hang dry. No issues with shrinkage at all in the pants. Again, convenience won the day. I don't mind ironing, something meditative about it once you get in the groove.

4. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

Jamison, if you're reading this still, the mobile site is currently causing both safari and chrome to crash almost immediately on my iphone.

5. elflord1973

elflord1973 Member

not working for me, not at home (Linux/firefox) or work (Windows/MSIE). Not "a bit buggy", just plain not working.

6. Ritful

Ritful Active Member

Does anyone who the site doesn't work for use NoScript, I recently had to adjust my scripts on the site and then it started working. Hope this helps.

7. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I recently picked up a pair of the super 120s d-ring flannels in MIU fit. Unfortunately, there aren't any other MIU options available in my size that are suitable for winter. The pants have the D-ring side adjusters. I was hoping to be able to wear these without a sport coat since I don't even own one, let alone a suit (currently remedying that). However, the lack of belt loops would seem to be a nonstarter for that plan.

Is it time for me to man up and buy a sport coat, or could I do something like have a tailor make belt loops out of the hem fabric?

8. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Plenty of people wear side adjusters without a jacket/suit including me when I take mine off in the office all day. There's no reason to think you need belt loops on your trousers if your only wearing a shirt and no coat.

9. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Same here.

10. Ennius

Ennius Senior member

Me too. Many stylish designers make trousers with side tabs these days - thom browne, ovadia....

11. Ennius

Ennius Senior member

Just got my first Howard Yount lambswool sweater today. Seems very nice and will wear next week at work.

Interestingly the sweater was mailed from Harlem, I think.

Does HY have a Harlem office?

12. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

I'm pretty sure that Jamison lives uptown somewhere. I have been to his office on 37th (?) or somewhere around there...

13. Ennius

Ennius Senior member

just took out the sweater for its first wear yesterday and I am liking it more and more.

need to order a few more. I hope they get camel hair/tan back in stock.

14. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Garment district.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  15. Ennius

Ennius Senior member

Any chance there will be lambswool sweaters (medium) v neck in camel/tan or navy blue? I like my grey and need these two other colors!

16. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You could be waiting a while for an answer on that one.

17. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

Does an email typically go out for big restocks, or for S/S releases?

18. slows2k

slows2k Well-Known Member

Looks like Jamison has added some new jackets in the last week or so. Love the windowpane stuff. Now I just have to save enough money...

19. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

As do I:

[​IMG]

I suspect I'll be asking for

[​IMG]

for Christmas from my wife.

But does it seem to anyone else he's raised the buttoning points even more? At least on some of them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  20. slows2k

slows2k Well-Known Member

That one appeals to me too. I'm not sure the buttoning point is much higher, I think it has to do with the way the lapels are positioned. When I just focus on the button, it seems to be smack in the center of the garment. When you look at the jacket generally though, because the lapels don't start to roll away until high above the button, it seems that the buttoning point is higher. At least thats what I can make of it. The way they're modeled they look more like 3 roll 2 jackets, rather than the 2 buttons that they are.

Heres hoping you get one. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.