• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Howard Flacke - Affordable Buffalo Horn Sunglasses/Optical - Now on Kickstarter - Affiliate Thread

AceK

Reaction score
Hey there, I had a thread a little while back on some designs I was working on for a new eyewear/sunglass line made of Genuine Buffalo Horn. You guys helped me out with design feedback and tips - Just wanted to keep you updated that we launched on kickstarter, the projects name is Luxury Eyewear For Everyone by Howard Flacke Eyewear. We're trying to help put an end to the overinflated prices currently dominating the eyewear industry by offering high quality genuine horn frames normally priced over a thousand dollars (see morgenthal frederics or hoffmann horn) for just $199. Horn is a truly special material for glasses, it offers stunning one-off patterns amongst many other benefits (you can see all the benefits on our kickstarter page). We have just 11 days left to reach our goal in order to get started! It's all or nothing on Kickstarter, so please help us out by buying a pair and sharing our link. Here's pics of 3 of the designs, check out the rest here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1712645930/luxury-eyewear-for-everyone (scroll down to see the frames)

Check out our Early Bird Special: Free Handcrafted Genuine Buffalo Horn Collar Stays ($20) with every pair purchased!

If you're new to kickstarter - it's simple!

The link will take you direct to our page - Scroll down and on the right you'll see a list of 'Rewards' (Purchases)

Select the one you want - it'll ask for an email and to create a password - from there it's like a regular online purchase!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1712645930/luxury-eyewear-for-everyone

Plus - You only get charged if we meet our goal!

Last edited:

AceK

Reaction score
Hey robert279, thanks for your support we know you'll love your pair! Keep us updated!

Also just wanted to let everyone know - we're also offering Genuine Buffalo Horn Collar Stays for on $20 and $50 for a set of 3! Comes in stunning packaging you can see them on our kickstarter page

AceK

Reaction score

OlafG

Reaction score
If you could offer sizes for us people with big heads 58mm+ it would be perfect!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree that having some larger sizes would be nice. The Caulfield looks great but is a little smaller then I like to go with shades. Still I can understand needing to keep the product selection limited at launch.

Anyways good luck on the project!

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Do you have any plans to create some frames with adjustable nose pads? For example, something like these horn Lindbergs: http://lindberg.com/showroom/horn/men

I broke my nose playing football in high school, and while it's not noticeable, frames without adjustable nose pads just never sit correctly on my face.

AceK

Reaction score
Fred G. Unn - Thanks for all the feedback and compliments! Adjustable nosepieces are a great idea, and we will be exploring all our options as we expand our collection, but first we gotta reach our funding threshold on Kickstarter! If it's an issue of comfort our frames as with all horn frames have a unique comfortable feel on the face!
Sarkozy - We source our horn from India, our hinges from Germany (OBE) and we work with a small manufacturer in the orient that specializes exclusively in Buffalo horn. Additionally we inspect every pair for quality before sending them out!

fourinhand - We use CR-39 polarized lenses, CR-39 is the most ideal lens for horn frames since they are extremely light, just like the horn and therefore keep the balance of the frame!

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it's an issue of comfort our frames as with all horn frames have a unique comfortable feel on the face!

Thanks, it's not so much an issue of comfort as it is with them sitting crooked. Best of luck with the Kickstarter though!

TimQ

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ordered the Smiths! Super fly!!

AceK

Reaction score

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Order for a pair of Marlowe's going in straight way. Super psyched!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads