• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How2kop mabitex @ daffy's in NYC?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. Building my business casual wardrobe and having trouble finding low rise/slim fit trousers and mabitex seems to fit the bill. I work on Columbus circle nad have access to pretty much any Daffy's in the city, but when i went to the one on 57th street, I was at a loss of how to find them. Considering I don't even know how to ID them, well, I figure i'd ask you guys.

Thanks!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the 57th street store, go to the bathroom. Look into the mirror and scream this phrase three times: "I want nuthuggers."

They will magically appear outside in the men's section after this.

skefferz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
how to ID them?
IMG_7066.jpg

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I recommend exchanging American Dollars for them. Perhaps there's even a cashier who could help you.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Title says it all. Building my business casual wardrobe and having trouble finding low rise/slim fit trousers and mabitex seems to fit the bill. I work on Columbus circle nad have access to pretty much any Daffy's in the city, but when i went to the one on 57th street, I was at a loss of how to find them. Considering I don't even know how to ID them, well, I figure i'd ask you guys.

Thanks!

are you serious??? ask a fukkin salesperson!

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did. They were clueless. The whole store was totally unorganized and it seemed like everything was just thrown on the racks. I also read that the tags were cutoff when people got them at daffys, hence my questions.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
it is almost impossible to find them, i went to the soho store and asked one of the ladies that works there she never even heard of the brand and when i asked a second she said yeah we have them, so i asked where and she waved her hands and said all over the place... i walked out, no time to look through tons of garbage for a half decent deal

yellman

Reaction score
If you look at the inside of the pant, you will see that they build the pants a certain way. Once you figure out that pattern,m look for the pattern on the inside of the pants. They make them in Italy, Morocco and Romania. Look for pants made in these places and follow the methodology of the pant construction.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will just be on the racks along with everything else. That's why they are such a pain to find.

mic

Reaction score
The tags are cut off of virtually none of them, and that location has had some of the better selection in my experience, so take a minute, breathe, and look around.

Look at all the men's pants. They're there.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
At the 57th street store, go to the bathroom. Look into the mirror and scream this phrase three times: "I want nuthuggers."

They will magically appear outside in the men's section after this.

AAAAHHHahahahahahahaahahaa!

stillerfan07

Reaction score
To this day, I still haven't figured out what are considered good quality pants.
I know Zanella is machine-made, blah, blah, blah, but I really like the feel of the fabrics, and I think they are a good buy.
But I confess I am pretty ignorant about what solid, quality pants are.

To answer OP's question, they usually have tags on them. They shouldn't be hard to spot.

Hornswaggler

Reaction score
PSA: There are a ton at the Herald Square location, and quite a few at the Elmhurst location. If your waist is a 34 or larger, you could easily walk out with an armload of new pants. They're being priced at roughly $30 for cotton & cotton/linen blends, $20 for linen, with a few more unusual pairs at $35.

Unfortunately, they have almost no 32/EUR48s anywhere I've looked (Except for white and pink linen, the former being translucent)
ffffuuuu.gif

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hornswaggler
PSA: There are a ton at the Herald Square location, and quite a few at the Elmhurst location. If your waist is a 34 or larger, you could easily walk out with an armload of new pants. They're being priced at roughly $30 for cotton & cotton/linen blends, $20 for linen, with a few more unusual pairs at $35.

Unfortunately, they have almost no 32/EUR48s anywhere I've looked (Except for white and pink linen, the former being translucent)
ffffuuuu.gif

Thanks, will check out for some 34's; necessary to avoid the extreme nut hugging. My rotation including 6 Daffy's Inco's need some supplementing.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clue: scan the racks in your size looking for split waistbands. Grab all you can find (there is a 6-piece try-on max) then scan the clearance sections in the same manner. A mother lode awaits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads