• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How would you tie a short ascot?

ovidiu

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I bought this really nice silk ascot tie a few weeks ago. The only problem is, its very small. All the videos I found on the Internet that showed how to tie an ascot didn't help. My ascot is too short and the 2 ends aren't that wide either. The end result is that most of my neck is visible.

What I tried last night was to NOT do the knot all the way. I skipped the last step and, instead of pushing the longer end through the loop, I left it hang above the knot. This works well in the sense that it doesn't let my neck show but I had to keep adjusting it the whole night.

What do you guys think I should do? I hate how the ascot looks on me after I tie it.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I think just around and over, no knot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 119 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 39 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%