• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How would you style this Grey linen suit for a casual vibe? shirt color and shoes etc

ACluelessGent

Reaction score
Is this linen/ summer suit? Blue, or pink, or even white shirt + brown loafers no socks.

Casaubon

Reaction score
Yes, pastel blue or pink. And a lively pocket square that picks up the color of the shirt!

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
white shirt, light brown suede/nubuck loafers and I like the lively pocket square option above.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
I like the pale pink shirt. Linen with a button down collar and no tie. Blue should obviously work fine too, as should lilac. If you're going to wear a white shirt, you need to make it interesting somewhere -- probably a tie, maybe a pocket square and cool sunglasses, something like that.

Black calf tassel loafers, I'd say, but you pretty much can't go wrong. Hell, snuff suede string loafers if you want to dress it down. Black suede chukkas or belgians, if you've been looking for an excuse to get into some black suede.

I feel like it should have patch pockets... oh well.

ACluelessGent

Reaction score
I like the pale pink shirt. Linen with a button down collar and no tie. Blue should obviously work fine too, as should lilac. If you're going to wear a white shirt, you need to make it interesting somewhere -- probably a tie, maybe a pocket square and cool sunglasses, something like that.

Black calf tassel loafers, I'd say, but you pretty much can't go wrong. Hell, snuff suede string loafers if you want to dress it down. Black suede chukkas or belgians, if you've been looking for an excuse to get into some black suede.

I feel like it should have patch pockets... oh well.
I would not wear black shoes with a summer suit. Actually I rarely wear black shoes, prefer shades of brown.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.