How would you rock cobalt driving shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Solari, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Solari

Solari Senior member

2. David Reeves

David Reeves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Pale grey trousers maybe with a bit of a sheen. Polo shirt or pale blue shirt with sleeves rolled up, nice watch.

3. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Well, they're driving shoes, so I suppose I'd rock them mostly while behind the wheel of my sports car. And not to any great extent while engaged in activities unrelated to driving.

Of course, you may be one of those people who choose to re-purpose driving shoes as general footwear, While I don't much care for this, I recognize that it's not an unpopular choice. In such case, I'd suggest that their rockability is inversely proportional to formality - driving shoes with jeans and polo shirt being far more acceptable than driving shoes with business suit and conservative necktie.

Such being the case, perhaps the question would be more appropriately asked over on the Streetwear & Denim forum, than here in Classic Menswear. Well, just something to consider.

4. Lucido

Lucido Senior member

White or cream cotton trousers and a pale blue linen or chambray shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

£250GBP is an enormous amount of money for what is essentially a disposable, one-season shoe though and a pair of Tod's drivers is really a waste unless there are literally no other holes in your wardrobe needing to be filled. If you're looking for a more reasonably priced pair, Bobbies (http://www.bobbies.com/en/) are pretty good quality (made in Portugal I believe) and come in a dazzling variety of colours. I have a pair in chocolate brown suede with a full rubber sole and love them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016

5. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016