1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How would you like a girl to dress?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lel, Jul 9, 2009.

1. jet

jet Senior member

[​IMG]

I prefer my chicks not to look like dudes.

Her style is ordinary and her bag needs to be bigger.

2. Macallan9

Macallan9 Senior member

[​IMG]

I prefer my chicks not to look like dudes.

Her style is ordinary and her bag needs to be bigger.

She only looks like a man compared to SW&D peeps.

3. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

4. frugle

frugle Member

i'm good as long as it's interesting...

oh and jeans are amazing if they fit right.

5. dv3

dv3 Senior member

I think if we got to see the girl with the red bag IRL she would be better, her hair more visible.

...I wonder what her shoes are like IRL

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

The look I most dig on girls is some varition of nautical and ivy. Rag&Bone's womens line from a few years back hits the right note, and the BOO women's line looks great.

7. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Does anyone know examples like thread, but in reverse? "How would you (girls) like a guy to dress" from a women's fashion forum? I am very, very curious.

What is so attractive about a sundress? It's just a dress/best option when it's a million degrees outside

I've heard this statement before and there are a couple of things I think about it. I apologize for length, but these are my favorite subjects.

Firstly, I read disbelief in your statement, as if guys don't know what turns them on, and the reason you would be incredulous is that both men and women (hetero in this example) are often trained to dress for their OWN sex, not the opposite sex. A men's fashion forum populated by men. A women's fashion forum populated by women.

Secondly, even when women dress for men (and vice versa), we often get it wrong. One easy example of this confusion lies in the photos that men and women post for the opposite sex in online dating profiles. Women have a tendency to post several of their "going out" bar dresses with make up and hair done to the hilt (maybe nails, too) and I can assure you that nothing appears more fucking undate-able than a women done to the teeth. Guys, same problem - gelmets and shirtless photos, both completely undate-able situations.

Thirdly, while it would differ for every guy, to answer the question what exactly is so attractive about a sundress... I think it's the legs. The dress tends to be light and airy, allowing a lot of movement and sneak peaks of the legs from different angles. This destroys swimsuits and shorts. They cannot provide the same level of shifting tease at all. A sundress is also very naturally slimming, no? Emphasis on hips, shoulders, and lower legs, hidden belly.

Footwear is also emphasized at the end of your stems and depending on your watcher's fetish the results can be unbearable. I'll cut it short on the graphicness, but a sun dress also implies a level of sexual availability coupled with innocent casualness unmatched by any other outfit.

8. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Footwear is also emphasized at the end of your stems and depending on your watcher's fetish the results can be unbearable. I'll cut it short on the graphicness, but a sun dress also implies a level of sexual availability coupled with innocent casualness unmatched by any other outfit.
    [​IMG]

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Evolutionary psychology really tweaks your method of analysis...

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Holy shit dude, I just like sun dresses cause they're bright, playful, and remind me of good ol' fun summer days...

11. DLester

DLester Senior member

Holy shit dude, I just like sun dresses cause they're bright, playful, and remind me of good ol' fun summer days...

This is it.

Overthinking sundresses misses the point entirely.

More pics + less yammering + keep it clean + no creepy stuff = epic thread that you will enjoy every time you come back to it.

12. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

[​IMG]

This can't get enough [​IMG]'s. Your avatar has always been one of my favorite things on SF.

13. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

this thead just got good.

14. that girl

that girl Well-Known Member

thanks db_ggmm, i appreciate your essayed response

15. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

This is it.

Overthinking sundresses misses the point entirely.

More pics + less yammering + keep it clean + no creepy stuff = epic thread that you will enjoy every time you come back to it.

My mother used to bathe me wearing the most beautiful lilly-patterned sundress. Although she is many years since passed on, I still keep that sundress hanging in my closet, and insist that the night ladies I patronize don it before we engage in our shameful, furtive acts of sexual congress.

1 person likes this.
  16. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

thanks db_ggmm, i appreciate your essayed response

Any female who sticks around here obviously has a high threshhold for creepiness! [​IMG]

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^Or, would say that in the hopes that being nice to him will keep him out of the bushes in the neighbour's yard while a restraining order is drawn up.

18. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

To back up my previously ignored comment:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^Half of those... actually more than half of those are awful. Yknow, imho.

20. till507

till507 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    J.Crew girl would be a 10 after a few Baconators. She's gettin a little twiggy. [​IMG] She'd get it. [​IMG] She too would get it. Generally I'm more about classic girls, but art school ruined me.