• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please change the title of the thread to "what hendrix deems socially acceptable for woman-style", and not "how would you like a girl to dress".

You're right, I would expect a girl to wear flats and some similarly slovenly apparel that lends itself to inelegance and the fashion sense of a juvenile.

I want a woman to dress like an adult; meaning a mature woman that works in the city at a business/business-casual atmosphere, then goes out for fine dining and drinks in the evening. A dress or pencil skirt with heels is the standard here, as would be a jacket and fine leather shoes for a man.

Beyond that, it's a matter of personal preference, and I "would like a girl to dress" in things I find attractive; I don't find that closed-minded, just honest.

You need to get off your high horse and shut the **** up with your "stop-liking-what-I-don't-like" condescending diatribe.

oh my god this post literally made me sterile

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want a woman to dress like an adult; meaning a mature woman that works in the city at a business/business-casual atmosphere, then goes out for fine dining and drinks in the evening. A dress or pencil skirt with heels is the standard here, as would be a jacket and fine leather shoes for a man.

This is cute. You're cute. I want to date you.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MS007

Reaction score

I looked back through pages 15-20 of this thread and I really don't understand where some of you come off thinking you get to dictate the content of this thread. There's a ton of junk throughout this thread (for all tastes) dont get why it suddenly has gone downhill and/or doesn't fit the SW&D mold (provided a thread on RL Rugby is on the first page).
Like in all threads (really all of them) you're going to come across things you don't agree with. Of course you can criticize them but it really bugs me when people start trying to dictate the direction of a thread because it doesn't fit their view of what it should be (when it has been what it is all along). Especially a long running one and by posters that didn't even start it.
Now on to the chick in the formal wear thingy, of course it's not classic (and I'm surprised people are flipping out about it here) but it was worn to silly dinner party (thrown at a friend's house) and I found it amusing.
Some of you folks need to lighten up. You're taking the fun out of the thread.

^ this.

I cant believe you guys want to fight again over this crap ( are you bored, brad? ). You created another thread for the exclusive taste of the "SWD regulars" and now this thread must be moved, because mainly non-regulars post here... seriously? Maybe you should **** up the alden, trickers, RL, etc thread already, because I haven t seen many regulars contributing in there lately.

What do you wanna achieve by moving this or moderating pics posted in here? You want this forum to become another SZ? You are also ignoring that Sipang and I regularly post non-prep in here. If every whining comment would be replaced by an actual contribution the ratio would be much different.

AFL, the Gaze thread is not sexist, its actually pretty nice. The reason it was made is sexist in a sense.

Hendrix, please don t let him drag you down to his moronic level. You made your point clear enough, people should learn to read.

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything has been said but I'm bored

the wholesale rejection of anything not explicitly goth-inspired

because you are essentially saying, "you should like our dark and edgy stuff or you are stupid".

That's bullshit , most of the pics posted in here --mines included-- are not even remotely goth-inspired.... It's really not a matter of conforming to an SW&D aesthetic, whatever that might be, it's a simple matter of context awareness. it's a matter of showing even a remote interest in women's fashion beyond the lowest common denominator (generic dress + heels stuff /jcrew/...), not because that stuff can't look good or is too affordable (seriously ?) but because it's has no relevance in this thread on a fashion forum. It's the kind of outfits we see everywhere all the ******* time so it's understandable that people don't want to look at that kind of stuff again in here, it's just visual noise (some of the outfits posted lately are really vile though).

And please, stop invoking the title of the thread and the first 20 or so pages as justification. This thread and SW&D in general are widely different from what they were three years ago.

I got no problems with Louis XIV's last two posts.

I would be an awesome mod, you know it.

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score

This pretty much sums it up. Luckily, I'd never lose my composure around somebody who dresses like this should I meet them, since nobody does. Especially not where I'm from.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sipang, please keep me updated on which pictures of women's clothing you do or do not *have a problem with*...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads