• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I forgot to reply to this, but exactly. It is my opinion and its still within the discussion of this thread but more than 95% of the stuff posted here from the neck down could be a dude and I wouldn't know the difference. Call me crazy but I prefer to see some outline of a ************ in the clothing, its a beautiful thing why hide it

easy answer: women are more than creatures to fuel our own sexual desire

real answer: as you get older, you'll find a bit of mystery here and there adds to said sexual appeal and desire.

really real answer: ignoring any sexual undertones (or overtones), beautiful garments can be just as appreciated (and interesting to look at) as a beautiful person. Their function is obvious but the forms they can take are endless and that's why we like clothes :)

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont get it, the whole point of clothing is to accentuate our bodies. Looking a certain way is also about making good parts of our body stand out and negative parts to not be as apparent. This doesn't mean women shouldn't wear flowey drapey ****, cuz that can be as good as some tight outfit that shows curves, but I do agree with regis that some not all of the fits posted here kinda venture into women wearing mens clothes at times.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I forgot to reply to this, but exactly. It is my opinion and its still within the discussion of this thread but more than 95% of the stuff posted here from the neck down could be a dude and I wouldn't know the difference. Call me crazy but I prefer to see some outline of a ************ in the clothing, its a beautiful thing why hide it

easy answer: women are more than creatures to fuel our own sexual desire

real answer: as you get older, you'll find a bit of mystery here and there adds to said sexual appeal and desire.

really real answer: ignoring any sexual undertones (or overtones), beautiful garments can be just as appreciated (and interesting to look at) as a beautiful person. Their function is obvious but the forms they can take are endless and that's why we like clothes :)

C'mon man are those replies in a database? No, I don't think women are just for my personal pleasure/release that has nothing to do with the way I like them to dress and I'll never understand "the mystery" and how that adds sexual appeal (not that I refuse to). Don't get me wrong I can appreciate the garments and the fabrics/cuts but I can't just say I like it for the sake of the thread

Edit: Real talk I've been slowly pushing Dries on my girl for a couple years now because I think he does a great job at getting a woman's shape without it fueling my sexual desires as you put it haha

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just dont like when i see chicks in workwear or all black goth **** sometimes (yah for real lol)

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

C'mon man are those replies in a database? No, I don't think women are just for my personal pleasure/release that has nothing to do with the way I like them to dress and I'll never understand "the mystery" and how that adds sexual appeal (not that I refuse to). Don't get me wrong I can appreciate the garments and the fabrics/cuts but I can't just say I like it for the sake of the thread

they might as well be, they've been repeated ad nauseum

I'm just saying there are both sexual and non-sexual reasons for liking the way a girl might dress, and both scenarios can cover the full spectrum of clothing. I guess in this thread we talk about, or at least imply both but I prefer to focus on the clothing and not the girl wearing them.

and really, don't say you'll never understand "the mystery" because you're still a young guy and tastes change.

although I guess you might not if you never live in a cold climate, where layers can make encounters more fun :)

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
itt: pictures of women who aren't dressing to satisfy regisdb9.

But seriously, if you want to see women's bodies there are a lot of places to do that. If you want to see women wearing traditionally beautiful and flattering clothes, there are a lot of places to do that too. A lot of us just prefer the more conceptual stuff, and we're trying to keep this thread from being a creepy ogle-fest.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I'm not saying turn this into an ass and **** thread

AFL, would you like a girl to wear that conceptual stuff out side in public on a night out? I respect that if its your opinion, yet mine is the opposite. The thread is called how would you like a girl to dress not just conceptually, which is just that..a concept

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you guys are jumping down Regis's throat for objectifying women when he just has different taste. Revealing/flattering clothing is still clothing. It's not like he's one of those marsupials who comes here and complains how all the women would look better without the clothes.

That said if you don't still find some of the layery stuff attractive you're nutty.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
^ Thanks for the contribution, as usual you read into my comments wayyy too much

Now this I would love to see on my girl. My whole point here is this conceptual stuff while it looks nice on the computer and one can appreciate it, someone has to be sincere with me and say thats how you would like a girl to dress, which was my point in that first comment shah chose to quote...and in a awful way I might add

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regis I know you're from Florida but you've definitely seen a girl in a parka + mittens + fuzzy hat? It's absolutely adorable despite the fact that all you can see is her face.

It's the same idea. You don't need to see something to know it's there.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats not the point hes trying to make, hes trying to say a lot of this fashion/conceptual clothing is just too much to stomach, and isn't something he'd like to see on a girl. Even if it looks cool on the internet, it just isn't something that would translate well in real life.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fo real

700x1050px-LL-95c699a8_gloria.jpeg

350x528px-LL-7b1a9b00_dsc_8277.jpeg

350x528px-LL-88eba3fa_dsc_8228.jpeg

350x525px-LL-2d6e11c6_Jil-Sander-Kaftan-Dress.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads