1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How would you like a girl to dress?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lel, Jul 9, 2009.

1. JelloFaust

JelloFaust Member

Is there a reason why men wearing black are bashed for being lazy but on women it's absolutley acceptable?

2. Lel

Lel Senior member

[​IMG]
    How else would I be able to steal their clothes? Seriously though, the giant-body-hoody/oversized-pullover/I-don't-know-what-to-call-it on the first girl on this page is awesome and I wanna' know more about it.
    Is there a reason why men wearing black are bashed for being lazy but on women it's absolutley acceptable?
    Probably because when most guys do it it's because they think it makes them look "cool and badass". Unfortunately it's also the exact same thing over and over again because there's less variation in men's clothing (black shoes, black jeans, black button up) and it's always ill fitting. It's not so much the all black part but the fact that it's always the exact same outfit, and always looks ill fitting. At least with women they tend to have more options for variety.

3. JelloFaust

JelloFaust Member

Probably because when most guys do it it's because they think it makes them look "cool and badass". Unfortunately it's also the exact same thing over and over again because there's less variation in men's clothing (black shoes, black jeans, black button up) and it's always ill fitting. It's not so much the all black part but the fact that it's always the exact same outfit, and always looks ill fitting. At least with women they tend to have more options for variety.

That makes sense. I do to think it's less the black part, but that there is less variation...

Thank you for the response. [​IMG]

4. why

why Senior member

Sweet jzus this girl needs a meal.

One hot Italian sausage coming right up!

5. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

...and she's going to die during childbirth.

6. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Now that is seriously good stuff.

7. Lel

Lel Senior member

...and she's going to die during childbirth.

But if it's a girl then she's going to have great legs.

8. foxnwolf

foxnwolf Senior member

9. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Ain't no girl walking around like that.

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

Does anyone know examples like thread, but in reverse? "How would you (girls) like a guy to dress" from a women's fashion forum? I am very, very curious.

Just look at any celebrity, their stylist is probably female. Or open any GQ magazine and point to a random picture. I'd imagine that "fashion-y" girls would dress their guys in the latest trends and expensive brands, putting them into slick tiny lapel black Dolce and Gabanna suits with skinny black leather ties (and doing dumb stuff like no PS/pants too long/no cuff showing/all the buttons buttoned up).

At least, that's what I'd imagine. I don't think any man should let his women dress him (and vice versa).

11. jet

jet Senior member

One of my favorites

[​IMG]

12. Eyud29

Eyud29 Active Member

[​IMG]

Hate to pull up a picture from so early in the thread, but this is possibly the best I've ever seen short hair pulled off. You see those girls every day who don't pull it off, and you're just thinking "Well, A for effort, but that didn't work out." And then there are girls like this, where all you can do is pathetically try to apologize to the patron saint of sexy short hair for your earlier stupidity.

13. sharks9022

sharks9022 Senior member

Ahh I love when this thread floats back to the top. I get to see Emma Watson now.

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Hate to pull up a picture from so early in the thread, but this is possibly the best I've ever seen short hair pulled off. You see those girls every day who don't pull it off, and you're just thinking "Well, A for effort, but that didn't work out." And then there are girls like this, where all you can do is pathetically try to apologize to the patron saint of sexy short hair for your earlier stupidity.

I love short hair, even moreso I love girls with such nonchalance like this one, it's clear that she doesn't follow trends or try hard to impress to boys, she has a real honesty to her look. A stark contrast to the 101 girls wearing black skirts, leather jackets, black high heels and way too much make-up at the clubs around here, not a sceric of personality.

15. Obbi

Obbi Senior member

I love short hair, even moreso I love girls with such nonchalance like this one, it's clear that she doesn't follow trends or try hard to impress to boys, she has a real honesty to her look. A stark contrast to the 101 girls wearing black skirts, leather jackets, black high heels and way too much make-up at the clubs around here, not a sceric of personality.

Agreed! short hair, doesn't follow trends. Just t-shirts and jeans is cool enough!

16. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

It also helps to be one of the most famous supermodels in the world.
    Seriously, VERY few women can pull off short hair.

17. Robert

Robert Senior member

It also helps to be one of the most famous supermodels in the world.
    Seriously, VERY few women can pull off short hair.

Whaaa..?! I find this statement HIGHLY questionable.

18. creativemilk

creativemilk Member

Agyness Deyns, she is. Oh my, oh my...

19. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Agyness Deyns, she is. Oh my, oh my...
    there's photos out there of her naked shooting some upcoming film. She looks like a prepubescent boy. I know that sounds like I know what prepubescent boys look like naked but you know what I mean. her body's not exactly the most feminine out there.

20. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm not going to lie, when posting these it was mostly the looks that came first [​IMG]