How would you deal with the "wannabee baller" friend?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Saltricks, Jul 26, 2010.

1. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

^^ Send your douche friend to that website. Apparently he can stock up on his cheezy shit and still save his money. Its perfect.

Your kinda dumb for hanging out with the guy. The solution is obvious. Tell him hes a loser and stop hanging out with him. I had friends who became lame over time and I just told them I was busy when they asked what I was doing.

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

the solution is clear: don't cut ties with douche, keep posting here. thanks.

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

The chronicles of douche

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

when does this turn into a virginia tech situation? keep him away from firearms.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

So what did douchefriend learn from all this? He said that Jessica was irrefutable proof that all girls were “bitches who are shallow and have no real desire for smart, funny guys. They just want douche white guys who wear Abercrombie and fitch and have six packs and wear their hat backwards. Oh, smart, rich, compassionate Asian? No chance with them! Only gold diggers will want them (and they’ll cheat on the side)! That’s why they don’t like me! CUZ IM FUCKING ASIAN!” Yes douchefriend. It’s because you’re asian.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Been following this five-star threak, thinking "my god, this sounds just like some guys I know, one guy in particular who still hates me, 15 years later" and then suddenly you write this opus Saltricks, and I realize in this end piece here that your douchefriend and my eternal enemy (who I don't hate) were cut from the same cloth. The dude I know is more of a small timer in mentality because I'm a bit older than you and we got by with less 10-15 years ago, but equally as gaudy, and equally as down on himself. I will post some stories if I can remember anything good enough to post. I have a ton of shitty friends/shitty Asian dudes I know.

6. srendam

srendam Senior member

If he kills himself, god forbid, this stuff is gonna be worth a lot of moolah.

7. supermidget

supermidget Senior member

saltricks, you claim he's only turned into a douchebag recently, though from these stories, he's been one for a long time already. just my $0.02

8. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

saltricks, you claim he's only turned into a douchebag recently, though from these stories, he's been one for a long time already. just my $0.02

Well, I don't think high school was THAT long ago (we just graduated college a few months ago). But, in retrospect he had the inklings of douchiness even as far back as 8th grade. He didnt get full on douche till the last two years or so, however.

9. otc

otc Senior member

douchefriend is permadouche

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

now, these are entertaining and all, but im suspicious to the credibility to these last few stories. they sound too sensational. why havent you told us about this one (about cops being involved in him stalking) as one of the first few descriptors of your douchebag friend on the first page?

it's like, oh my friend is a douche, gets crazy at clubs and never tips.......10 pages later, oh and he is also a stalker and got involved with the cops!

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

The art work back on page 2 or 3 is the funniest shit I have ever seen on SF. I lol'ed until I had tears.

12. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

now, these are entertaining and all, but im suspicious to the credibility to these last few stories. they sound too sensational. why havent you told us about this one (about cops being involved in him stalking) as one of the first few descriptors of your douchebag friend on the first page?

it's like, oh my friend is a douche, gets crazy at clubs and never tips.......10 pages later, oh and he is also a stalker and got involved with the cops!

Wow, I'm laughing at this because that's how bad he is. It's like he is so bad, that you doubt that he could even be real. LOL

Truth is stranger than fiction. [​IMG]

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

ok if these are all absolutely true, then i believe you should continue being his friend for the pure entertainment factor.

14. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

This thread is win in the highest sense of the word.

Actually I had a friend who did that tip scam to me as well. But we had to shell out extra to cover his 5% tip. We also ran with a group who regularly got hooked up with drinks from a bartender and my douche friend would show up, drink a free shot or two and just order water when asked what else he wanted. We all stopped getting hooked up after a few more episodes of that.