• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How would you deal with the "wannabee baller" friend?

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worship.gif

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Send your douche friend to that website. Apparently he can stock up on his cheezy **** and still save his money. Its perfect.

Your kinda dumb for hanging out with the guy. The solution is obvious. Tell him hes a loser and stop hanging out with him. I had friends who became lame over time and I just told them I was busy when they asked what I was doing.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the solution is clear: don't cut ties with douche, keep posting here. thanks.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when does this turn into a virginia tech situation? keep him away from firearms.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saltricks
So what did douchefriend learn from all this? He said that Jessica was irrefutable proof that all girls were “bitches who are shallow and have no real desire for smart, funny guys. They just want douche white guys who wear Abercrombie and fitch and have six packs and wear their hat backwards. Oh, smart, rich, compassionate Asian? No chance with them! Only gold diggers will want them (and they’ll cheat on the side)! That’s why they don’t like me! CUZ IM ******* ASIAN!” Yes douchefriend. It’s because you’re asian.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Been following this five-star threak, thinking "my god, this sounds just like some guys I know, one guy in particular who still hates me, 15 years later" and then suddenly you write this opus Saltricks, and I realize in this end piece here that your douchefriend and my eternal enemy (who I don't hate) were cut from the same cloth. The dude I know is more of a small timer in mentality because I'm a bit older than you and we got by with less 10-15 years ago, but equally as gaudy, and equally as down on himself. I will post some stories if I can remember anything good enough to post. I have a ton of ****** friends/****** Asian dudes I know.

srendam

Reaction score
If he kills himself, god forbid, this stuff is gonna be worth a lot of moolah.

supermidget

Reaction score
saltricks, you claim he's only turned into a douchebag recently, though from these stories, he's been one for a long time already. just my $0.02

Saltricks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by supermidget
saltricks, you claim he's only turned into a douchebag recently, though from these stories, he's been one for a long time already. just my $0.02

Well, I don't think high school was THAT long ago (we just graduated college a few months ago). But, in retrospect he had the inklings of douchiness even as far back as 8th grade. He didnt get full on douche till the last two years or so, however.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
douchefriend is permadouche

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
now, these are entertaining and all, but im suspicious to the credibility to these last few stories. they sound too sensational. why havent you told us about this one (about cops being involved in him stalking) as one of the first few descriptors of your douchebag friend on the first page?

it's like, oh my friend is a douche, gets crazy at clubs and never tips.......10 pages later, oh and he is also a stalker and got involved with the cops!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The art work back on page 2 or 3 is the funniest **** I have ever seen on SF. I lol'ed until I had tears.

Saltricks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
now, these are entertaining and all, but im suspicious to the credibility to these last few stories. they sound too sensational. why havent you told us about this one (about cops being involved in him stalking) as one of the first few descriptors of your douchebag friend on the first page?

it's like, oh my friend is a douche, gets crazy at clubs and never tips.......10 pages later, oh and he is also a stalker and got involved with the cops!

Wow, I'm laughing at this because that's how bad he is. It's like he is so bad, that you doubt that he could even be real. LOL

Truth is stranger than fiction.
laugh.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is win in the highest sense of the word.

Actually I had a friend who did that tip scam to me as well. But we had to shell out extra to cover his 5% tip. We also ran with a group who regularly got hooked up with drinks from a bartender and my douche friend would show up, drink a free shot or two and just order water when asked what else he wanted. We all stopped getting hooked up after a few more episodes of that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads