• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How/where to source fabrics for shirts in HK

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Hm, I don't know. I think some of the folks who got on the Peter Lee train early get better prices than some of us who were late to the party. I'm not complaining though - you're correct that the value still well outstrips most of what else is available. He's still a good bit under Chan.

PL is more likely to buy me a beer than give me any discount, i dont think any of us earlier boys do and i was the first and dont get any favors aprt from a beer or a zero when i am in

perhaps i should be more demanding
eh.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wongtouski
damn, thanks for the info mate. Perhaps I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of fabrics, have glossed over the details..........really should take my time and tell him what I want next time.

just be sure you ask what you are getting for the money, if you want a better made product, then you'll pay for it, but make sure you are clear with what you want from the start otherwise you might think you are getting shafted, and helping pay for LC's beer
laugh.gif

Wongtouski

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
just be sure you ask what you are getting for the money, if you want a better made product, then you'll pay for it, but make sure you are clear with what you want from the start otherwise you might think you are getting shafted, and helping pay for LC's beer
laugh.gif

Haha thanks. Well to be honest, being a first timer there, and given the price, I guess subliminally I wanted to ultimately try their fit first, I've been snooping around SF a lot and the overall consensus is that PL is good, at any rate still stoked to get my shirts this week and then try em out (perhaps making more when i get em!)

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wongtouski
Haha thanks. Well to be honest, being a first timer there, and given the price, I guess subliminally I wanted to ultimately try their fit first, I've been snooping around SF a lot and the overall consensus is that PL is good, at any rate still stoked to get my shirts this week and then try em out (perhaps making more when i get em!)

PL is a nice guy, and offers great value - have fun and good luck!

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on PL being a nice guy. eagerly awaiting my SB fresco

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought 1.8yd of 100's Alumo at HK$350/yd, going to make a new shirt. I know that price is not so good, but still not bad I think.

I think Ascot Chang and Chan will charge a Alumo 100's shirt at HK$1,500+ now.

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
I just bought 1.8yd of 100's Alumo at HK$350/yd, going to make a new shirt. I know that price is not so good, but still not bad I think.

Where do you get your Alumo in HK?

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball

Who is your shirt tailor and what is his CMT price?

cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads