• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How waterproof is the woolrich loro piana Arctic parka with storm system

tan1415

Reaction score
I am heading to iceland in October.
I was Advised to wear a jacket that’s not only warm, but also have good waterproofing. Like 10.000 mm at least.

Normal Woolrich is not that great vs rain. Jacket gets wet and very hard to dry afterwards if the down inside gets wet too. My Woolrich loropiana is wool cashmere blend with storm system.

I checked here and also online. Lots of information, but not how wel tested storm system is in the Woolrich or in combination with wool.

So is this a good option to wear in Iceland. Or should I opt for my waterproof Didrikson parka instead.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken the LP storm system has an inner membrane so it should keep you dry in most conditions but probably not a downpour. I would be concerned that in heavy rain the wool/cashmere will still get wet and heavy. If you intend to be in truly adverse conditions I would go with your other parka.

tan1415

Reaction score
Thanks. I am not sure how bad the rains will be.
But the wool will get wet,but the membrane will prevent the down to get wet?
There is a coating on the outside but guess this is not so effective.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outer treatment (DWR) won’t keep the wool dry in pouring rain. The membrane is waterproof but I don’t know whether the seams are taped in this coat. If seams are not taped there can be water penetration in severe conditions.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.