• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How walkable is your neighborhood?

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
95 - Wicker Park

The furthest things are a movie theater and bookstore, both listed at .5 miles. However, both of the places listed, I'd never step foot in.

DMcG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdg137
I dont know if this thing could be any more in error, at least in my case... The bookstore listed is specifically a bible bookstore, the clothing listing is a closet sized shop that sells extremely young urban wear, and the school is a theological school!

That sounds like a bookstore, clothing store and school to me.
eh.gif

You do realize that you can expand all of those lists right?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
LOL, where I currently live gets a 35 and where I'm building my house, gets a 0.

If you're gonna be low might as well get 0, it means no one is gonna be there to bother you. I assume this thing works better with big american cities anyway as they probably have more info about say, NYC, than everywhere else.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrmmm, I got a 75. Not sure how accurate this is. My neighborhood is very walkable IMO. Restaurants, grocery stores, drug stores, coffee shops, etc. all within a mile.

b

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
If you're gonna be low might as well get 0, it means no one is gonna be there to bother you. I assume this thing works better with big american cities anyway as they probably have more info about say, NYC, than everywhere else.

The funny thing is, I'll actually be closer to many things to cycle to.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
ok, this is kinda cool. go to www.walkscore.com, put in your address and post the results here.

I'm in the LA area.

Walk Score: 32 out of 100 "” Car-Dependent

Yeah, looking to move to at least a 70 area soon.

-Jeff

I'm in LA as well, but fare a bit better. 65 at home, 92 at the office.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
My walk score is a 3 and I wish it were lower.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
131849-Booby-trap-0.jpg

I have them strategically located all over the property. It gives me a sense of security and all the venison (and stray dogs)I can eat.

PERhodes

Reaction score
100, Boston, eastern edge of the Common. For closest bar though, it lists a strip club(Centerfolds) about a quarter mile away even though there is a perfectly good bar in my building. It's an interesting site certainly, I know where I live is very walkable but half of the places listed are either in seedier areas that I would rather not walk to or are not accurate representations of the category they fall under. Another example, my former address scored a 98 and in that case the listing for movie theater is actually a production company that merely has the word cinema in its name. Upon further investigation it turns out it's not even based in the city anymore.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Hmmm, Seabright Beach, Santa Cruz gets a 60 but my current home gets a 77. I am close to the village (2/3 mile) but other than that you need a car. However, from Seabright, you can walk to several different shopping areas, to the Boardwalk, and to downtown. System is flawed, methinks.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Not surprisingly my office is a 100.)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics