• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How Versitile is a Light Gray Suit?

garymyman

Reaction score
I wore one a lot in my younger years but don't see them around much anymore. I'm considering picking this one up, but not sure how much use I can get out of it:

Thoughts?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dove grey is very popular during the spring and summer. I would like one as well.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great color for a more casual suit in the summer. If you have your basics covered, go for it.

garymyman

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger. It was the last one Polo had in stock (at 70% off, naturally). This will be my 5th good suit, 6th if you count the tuxedo. And my refrigerator is covered in Save The Date's so it should see some good use.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I pulled the trigger. It was the last one Polo had in stock (at 70% off, naturally). This will be my 5th good suit, 6th if you count the tuxedo. And my refrigerator is covered in Save The Date's so it should see some good use.

Congrats!!

Last edited:

enjay

Reaction score
That suit looks great. I'd think besides the occasions mentioned, it would be generally versatile suit. I have a gray suit somewhat darker than this one, and I get plenty of use out of it. Almost any shoes work with it, and shirt/tie wise you have tons of options. Nice grab.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 54 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 107 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%