• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How versatile is this suit? (Glen Plaid inside)

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
On a scale of 1 to 10, how versatile is this suit? Brutal honesty is always appreciated.

I currently have three suits:
  • 3 button navy solid
  • 3 button charcoal solid
  • 2 button slim brown linen (summer only, weddings, casual fridays)

I work in banking and would use this suit for business (not interviews) as well as social functions.

Also, would you recommend using the top as a blazer, given the horn buttons and plaid pattern?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems pretty low on the versatility scale to me.
(FWIW, I really don't like the color combination of the pattern.)

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
It seems pretty low on the versatility scale to me. (FWIW, I really don't like the color combination of the pattern.)
+1 on the versatility comment.

I have a great prince of wales-ish suit that I didn't use too often. I always look at it in the closet and think about rock it, but end choosing another suit.

About the jacket as sportcoat, it works. Also the pants with a sweater.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That red window pane coupled with the very busy glen plaid makes it less versatile.

orthofrancis

Reaction score
I think the more subtle the plaid, the more versatile the suit will be.
A very prominent pattern makes this suit stand out more, as well as its light color.

I'd rate it 2/10 on the versatility scale. The suit looks nice though

emptym

Reaction score
I think it's pretty versatile. I have one w/ a light blue check and use the jacket as a sport coat and the pants w/ a navy blazer at times.

Reaction score
I always find the more busy the pattern the easier it is to stick something plain underneath it and make it look deliberate. Whether that makes it banking versatile I don't know but it's a fine looking garment none the less.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.8%
  • 31 - 40