• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to you Gatsby Hair Wax Properly?

SharpandClean

Reaction score
I know that I probably should have used the search function, but I have a specific problem.

Currently, I have been using gatsby spikey edge (pink).
i have typical Asian hair, extremely straight and when cut to short it sticks up.
So my problem is that gatsby doesn't work on my hair when I just wash it. I only can get it to work if my hair is somewhat oily. The thing is I want to avoid this problem because I like having clean hair. When I wash my hair there is no oil, I guess fluffy to the touch. Adding gatsby to my hair at this point makes my hair frizzy ad looks god awful. Also the hair doesn't hold up. I have a crew cut with the bangs longer. Top of my head is like 1.5 to 2 inches long and sides are about 1/4 to 3/4 inch of hair. So my main question is that am I using the right gatsby? What can I do? On a side not i tried American crew fiber, but that had little hold strength for my hair.

AndrewDoesHair

Reaction score
Blow dry your hair to stand up (or lay down, whatever you want it to do) before you put the product in. The heat will make it stay where you put it. Your product isn't meant to hold your hair, it's meant to put a finish on it and separate it. Search YouTube for Andrewdoeshair to see this in action.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads