• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to wear this white cardigan?

marchello

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I just purchased a white/blue Brook Brothers cardigan. I love to wear white clothing, however, I have no idea what to wear under this piece of clothing.

Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the cardigan. However, if you look at the picture below, the cardigan I bought has a similar design. It's white while the top of the pockets and the middle of the cardigan is dark blue (while on the picture below is gray).

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Broo...ProductImages$

Could anybody please help me what to wear below?

Thanks

saiyar1

Reaction score
indigo jeans and pastel blue or pink sport shirt underneath? Maybe a blue gingham underneath or very thin blue striped shirt?

Or when you feel like a sailor wear it with boat shoes, light khaki/linen pants and a t shirt underneath?

marchello

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I do see the thin blue striped shirt look good underneath.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
pastel colours: yellow,red,blue. > be the captain
smile.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A white cardigan sounds kind of neat. I haven't seen many in that color.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Light grey or light blue t-shirt.
Pale blue button down.
Vertical striped button down, white with some sort of thin vertical stripe or check (tan, blue, grey, lavender).

marchello

Reaction score
Thanks guys, some great ideas!

What do you think about the shoes? What color shoes go with white cardigans?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue suede.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marchello
What color shoes go with white cardigans?

That's more a function of what trousers you're wearing.

And to answer what is surely going to be your next question: any kind of underwear will work fine.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to wear a cup for the inevitable kick in the crotch from wearing a white cardigan.

tightandbright

Reaction score
Tan colored bottom wear + some sort of light/pale blue top + white shoes and white belt
biggrin.gif
?

saiyar1

Reaction score
I feel like this is a "versatile" yet still "limited" piece. As I was stating above, it's versatile in that you can wear it as a streetwear piece with dark jeans and maybe some sleek, light colored sneaker (this section of SF hates this stuff tho) or with light colored, linen/cotton pants (and pretty much light colored everything). However, those are really the only two scenarios I can imagine. The former is a casual/crisp look and the latter is a summer out at sea/on vacation look.

In my head I imagine both as early summer looks that take advantage of the ability to wear very light colors and announcing: "Yes! Summer is here and I've got a sharp, yet carefree outfit on." (If that makes any sense.)

Rock it now before we're in the dog days of summer in late July/early August and you want to shoot yourself because of the humidity and heat.

marchello

Reaction score
Damn, I just wanted to ask that question. And what about socks? What kind of socks go with white cardigans?

Originally Posted by Unrefinery
That's more a function of what trousers you're wearing.

And to answer what is surely going to be your next question: any kind of underwear will work fine.

marchello

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Yes, I definitely won't be wearing this cardigan in the middle of summer.

I believe its would look great with some dark jeans and some white shoes.

Originally Posted by saiyar1
I feel like this is a "versatile" yet still "limited" piece. As I was stating above, it's versatile in that you can wear it as a streetwear piece with dark jeans and maybe some sleek, light colored sneaker (this section of SF hates this stuff tho) or with light colored, linen/cotton pants (and pretty much light colored everything). However, those are really the only two scenarios I can imagine. The former is a casual/crisp look and the latter is a summer out at sea/on vacation look.

In my head I imagine both as early summer looks that take advantage of the ability to wear very light colors and announcing: "Yes! Summer is here and I've got a sharp, yet carefree outfit on." (If that makes any sense.)

Rock it now before we're in the dog days of summer in late July/early August and you want to shoot yourself because of the humidity and heat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads