• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to wear a turquoise tie

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No suit coats for me i guess.  But Ted Baker is my favorite Tie style so i guess i would get ripped on here for a lot of the stuff i wear.  I am assuming most would say shirt and tie no coat is not a good idea but it works for me for the most part.  I will consider buying some coats but i am already overdressed the way it is.   Paisley ties are my favorite....are they ok?  heh

my god you are clueless kid.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get more compliments from a van huesen shirt and non silk tie (gift).

When I first read that I thought 'wool or linen' but then I realized you meant polyester.

I believe Whnay poasted a fit with a turquoise tie a while back. If anyone could make it look good, he could. But he couldn't.

Romans116

Reaction score
my god you are clueless kid.
Very friendly forum i have run into here. Groupthink?

Doesn't what you wear have many variables? Some people have a swagger (self confidence) where they can pull off anything. Why is it that a coat is necessary?

What is the average age here on the forum? Is everyone 50+ in penny loafers, pleated pants, and awesome taper showing socks?

color is good but only if it is brown? :)

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very friendly forum i have run into here.  Groupthink?

Doesn't what you wear have many variables?  Some people have a swagger (self confidence)  where they can pull off anything.  Why is it that a coat is necessary?

What is the average age here on the forum?  Is everyone 50+ in penny loafers, pleated pants, and awesome taper showing socks? 

one day you will look back on both your outfits and your attitude and realize you looked like a tool, swagger or no.

And yeah I'm 29.

tie/slacks no jacket/black shirt = i sell cellular phones at the mall

mcbrown

Reaction score

Doesn't what you wear have many variables?  Some people have a swagger (self confidence)  where they can pull off anything.  Why is it that a coat is necessary?

What is the average age here on the forum?  Is everyone 50+ in penny loafers, pleated pants, and awesome taper showing socks? 

Welcome to the forum.

Romans116

Reaction score
one day you will look back on both your outfits and your attitude and realize you looked like a tool, swagger or no.
And yeah I'm 29.
tie/slacks no jacket/black shirt = i sell cellular phones at the mall
Attitude.....read back through..... i am the one getting ripped on.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Swagger + polyester turquoise tie < swagger + nice tie + suit

You don't need to give up your swagger in order not to dress like a young middle American cliche.

McBindle

Reaction score
Sir -
Look deep into your user name and seek counsel and ask if it was divine providence that brought you to styleforum.

Romans 116: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.."

Acrid Sheep's graph expresses the path to salvation in a more vernacular manner.

Good day to you [tip of the hat]

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mister, you got a lot of guts to wear that tie.

More guts than brains.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. What's wrong with wearing it with a white shirt?

I think that was the general consensus on the OP. Things just got diverted by the arrival of our new wannabe style guru...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thread inspired me to wear a turquoise tie today. Not the Pucci one I mentioned upthread; an old Zegna instead, but using the same core combination of a navy suit (happens to have a faint pinstripe, but still basically solid) and shirt with a small pattern. Pic here; and I blame you all for being enablers.
tongue.gif

Good, bad, indifferent? You decide... and I might wear the Pucci later in the week...
devil.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads