How to wear a bowtie casually for a high school student

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JustTheDoctor, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Uh, Me?

2. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

i'd kill myself if i had to attend a private school

3. Tailor Dan

Tailor Dan Senior member

Sorry CeoceoDot. No read a previous post wrong thinking it was .thread creator. Meant for Justhedoctor.

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I pity poor people.

:cheers:

5. JustTheDoctor

JustTheDoctor Member

And there it is. I'm actually surprised, given how mean some of these comments are, that it's taken this long for someone to comment nastily on my ethnicity. So congratulations, ysb, on being the first person in this thread to show your small-minded bigotry. I applaud you.

You know, I joined this forum and posted this thread because I read one similar to this one that was made last year, and the majority of the comments, tips, and advice the OP received were extremely helpful, and I wanted some of that encouragement. Although there have been some posters in this thread who have done so, I'm shocked at how this forum, as I see it, has changed in the past year. I was under the impression that this forum was one that was created so that people who enjoy dressing well and discussing style could come together and do so. If the posters in this thread is representative of the rest of the forum, then I was sorely mistaken.

I would, however, like to thank those who have given me advice in a helpful and non-degrading way, even if it was just "Don't do it."

6. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I don't know if that was directed at me? I'm not poor.. I live in a $500,000 home and we're moving to a bigger home in a few months. Mind you, I'm not rich either... but definitely not poor.

7. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I could go on.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

8. Guus

Guus Senior member

I don't think it's possible to causally wear a Bow-Tie.

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

10. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

obv.

[​IMG]

11. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Is anyone else having flashbacks?

[​IMG]

12. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Every post I have noticed beside your username today has been dumb to say the least.

13. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

this thread [​IMG]

14. Canvas

Canvas Active Member

You could, and you wouldn't change my taste; I don't like the outfits you've posted as I feel they look incoherent. At any rate, the issue is even less worthy of discussion than usual since the OP doesn't care about looking goofy, apparently. I'm going to assume all he wants are some examples and opinions so he can see what he prefers and aligns with.
    OP, if I had to wear a bow tie, I would try to make my outfit as coherent as possible. No green bow tie with a red shirt and a blue sweater; no grey bow tie with a white shirt, camel sweater, and distressed jeans. I think the product shots here are pretty good to follow.

15. CodPiece

CodPiece Senior member

Mine was not a post intended to be negative towards you, sorry if it may have read that way.

Your date is cute and you look pretty handsome; fine bone structure, good skin and decent build. The suggestion of a different haircut is actually a good one. Get the basics nailed first.

High school tends to be either herd mentality or costume-y (emo/hipster/goth/abercrombe mall rat, whatever). Wearing the full-on Mens Clothing thing will put you beyond where anyone feels comfortable and hurt you socially. Slava Renko's post is a good warning, heed it. However, adding a single piece to a well-fitted and tuned outfit (good denim, slim fit oxford, nice shoes) would make you pretty cool.

In order to look good, you need to dress on the better side of your social norms. In my case, I work at a software company and so that means business casual. No matter how much I want to wear coat and tie, I would look like an ass by out dressing my colleagues by such a high degree. This is your case as well.

In the other thread, Barims gave quite a few good suggestions. I would also suggest that you steer clear of the Mens Clothing section of this forum.