• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to unshrink T-shirts?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of these black Ts that I wear all the time, and after one wash they shrink which is nice because I like a good fit, but I'm quite tall so they become too short. Is there any way to unshrink them, or do I have to throw them away and buy new ones?

I know that in order to prevent shrinkage you have to wash in cold water and air dry.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I have a bunch of these black Ts that I wear all the time, and after one wash they shrink which is nice because I like a good fit, but I'm quite tall so they become too short. Is there any way to unshrink them, or do I have to throw them away and buy new ones?

I know that in order to prevent shrinkage you have to wash in cold water and air dry.

Grab bottom of shirt with hands.

Pull in a downward motion.

Shirt is now un-shrunk.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christobevii3
Just wear it and it will unshrink

how will it unshrink lengthwise?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shrinking is not reversible really.

wizzeak

Reaction score
Everytime my shirts shrink I usually wear it, pull at it and stretch it (bad I know but w/e lol), or I wear it damp for a while then hang dry

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beetleything

Reaction score
Time machine.....
eh.gif

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Put it back into your dryer and put the dryer on "reverse" mode, then put in washing machine and put washing machine into "reverse" mode, that should do the trick.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Put it back into your dryer and put the dryer on "reverse" mode, then put in washing machine and put washing machine into "reverse" mode, that should do the trick.

But be careful, this can also make your clothes very dirty and smelly.

c00kz

Reaction score
You guys are weird, just wash and dry yourself to fit into the shirts.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't buy cheap tees that don't fit. Lengthwise shrinking is basically irreversible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads