• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to tell when two people in the office are sleeping together?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Private Investigator
2. Blackmail
3. PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HitMan009

Reaction score
I don't really care per se who is doing who but I am trying to hone my instincts to these things as I see wealth in seeing things that are supposed to be hidden. That's mainly all I care about.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep... your "friend" and "his" wife... gotcha

HitMan009

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Yep... your "friend" and "his" wife... gotcha

Nope, I don't have anyone to cheat on at the moment

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP is a ******* idiot, I am glad people instilled some sense into him. Thanks SF.

HitMan009

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
OP is a ******* idiot, I am glad people instilled some sense into him. Thanks SF.

Touchy Touchy

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can tell when two people USED to be sleeping together when the girl appears to be a ***** for no reason to the guy and generally loses her ability to be socially normal around him.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
You can tell when two people USED to be sleeping together when the girl appears to be a ***** for no reason to the guy and generally loses her ability to be socially normal around him.

Do you work with Flambeur ?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Do you work with Flambeur ?
Does not compute. Are you implying Flambeur has actually spent an intimate night with something other than an LBO model?

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell. But if they hangout outside of work chances are something is going on. When groups of co-workers go out together usually some ******* takes place between some of them.

HitMan009

Reaction score
A lot of times, it's like a gut feeling. You know something is up but you just can't prove it. However, I am trying to find the concrete signs so that I can be certain of things. I mean this doesn't just apply to two co-workers ******* each other, it can only be about something going down in a company. Little hints that everyone should pick up one so one is not blindsided by sudden change or something unexpected.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
I can't foresee a scenario where your delving into this, let alone attempting to do something about it, will end well for you or them. Just let it go.

That said, how can you tell? In my experience, it's been pretty easy to tell when two co-workers are sleeping together. They always hang out, to the point where it seems like they are joined at the hip. They have private in-jokes with one another that nobody else in the office gets. They don't work in the same department, and yet, they're always finding excuses to drop by each other's offices or cubes. At social outings, they always show up or leave together, and/or they spend the whole time in each other's company. Even in groups, their banter with one another is cutesy and flirtatious. Etc.

The old rule of thumb states that if two people seem like they're sleeping together, they usually are (or soon will be). People are notoriously bad at hiding their affections, especially when the relationship is new.

sometimes, not always. i was dating a girl in a different department for 4 months and no one had any idea. but we went out of our way not to be seen with each other.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Save his secret. Use it should you need to threaten him in the future.

bertram_lg.jpg

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Hey, that sounds just like me and my wife...

GlenCoe

Reaction score
when you're around him, always whip open doors and watch his reaction. If he gets scared he's either having an affair or he is just type of person who gets easily frightened

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads