1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How to store dress slacks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JFK, May 18, 2004.

1. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I think I know what J describes: http://www.storables.com/shoppin....=detail It is not shown in the picture, but the wide portion of the hanger (the portion that actually "pinches" the trouser cuffs) is concave. Otherwise, the trousers would be pinched and suspended only by their thickest part...the part that has the 4 seams on it. My trousers also have snaps that hold the cuff up. My hangers are skivved like this too, but they still often pinch the middle portion of the trouser and don't catch the front and back of the leg. Bic

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ahhh. I get it... So here is why I didnt in the first place... Most of our pant hangers come like this... [​IMG] Where the clips are adjustable so it can look like that or like this... (yes its the same hanger...) [​IMG] This way you can hang it from the ends of the cuffs or the ends of the Waist whichever you prefer. I think that would take care of the problem of hanging in? JJF

3. Fetzer

Fetzer New Member

I have traditionally hung my pants from a crossbar that is coated in a felt or some other type of soft material to protect the fabric from abrasion. But, I have read that the best method is hanging pants from a "pant hanger" by the waist band which preserves the crease. I have further read that hanging from the cuff is the best method, but I am affraid that the weight at the top of the pants will stretch the fabric.