How to stop cotton shirt waist seam from stretching?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by VeryAnnoyedPers, Aug 2, 2013.

1. meso

meso Senior member

2. Bearin

Bearin Member

Only chubby people get this worked up over the slightest hint of being called chubby

3. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

Why is it always the guys who have just started lifting who are so self concious and defensive? If you wanted to fish for compliments over losing so much weight, this really wasn't the thread to go to.

Anyway, yeah it looks like your shirt is stretching due to your waist, or alternatively the shirts you buy aren't as perfect as you think.

LOL. Welcome to StyleForum! You're gonna have a great ride here. :lurk:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013

5. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

6. snoozie

snoozie New Member

Hmmm... This thread is pretty old but anyway, I've experienced the same problem with some of my husband's shirts as well. Very unsightly and annoying (no pun intended to original poster). and yes, it happens after just one wash. My husband is particular about his shirt dimensions so I've heard every detail about this problem. The solution we came up with is buying extra long shirts and cutting the shirt to proper length but adding an elastic clear tape to the raw edge of the fabric before sewing a coverstitch with my serger.
    Not sure that this might be your ideal solution since you can go buy the ones that do not stretch if you do not already own a serger.