• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to spot fake Giorgio Armani Le Collezion Suits

joeynix

Reaction score
Just bought a suit and wondered if there were any tell-tale signs that could help me check the authenticity.

It did not come with a certificate of authenticity like regualr armani items do, but does feel like very high quality.

It came in a GA Le Collezion polythene bag, GA labeled carrier and with a GA coat hanger if that helps.

It is possible for me to take photos if necessary.

Thanks,
Joey

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
real armani won't have labelled buttons. Better show us pics though.

!luc

Rollo Tomasi

Reaction score
The best way to tell is to go to Neimans or Saks and analyze a real Armani Collezione suit. Look at all the labels, especially the merchandise label inside the right breast pocket' Look for variances in the text and font of the labels as well as the stitching and overall construction (compare the quality under the lapel as well as the inside lining of the pants.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Photos would be good to help verify the details below. The fake Armani Collezioni suits I've seen on eBay have all used the "Giorgio Armani" and Armani Eagle logo, neither of which are associated with the Collezioni line ("Giorgio Armani" being reserved for the black label line, and the eagle to the lower-end Emporio/Jeans lines). The Collezioni suit I have (which I believe to be authentic, although it was an eBay purchase), and the ones I've seen retail have all used a white square-ish label inside the jacket, zig-zag stitched, marked "ARMANI / Collezioni / Made in Italy" and nothing else (picture attached). In fact, the only place the word "Armani" appears anywhere on the suit is once on the jacket label. The composition label inside the pocket on the jacket references another company, Gruppo SPA, who manufacture the suits under license for Armani. The pants don't have any text in the waistband at all, but the stitching is done with what appears to be three very fine rows of rubberised (?) thread (picture attached). This was true of the suits in the boutique too. eBay fakes all have "Giorgio Armani" along with the GA or Eagle logo. Personally I'm suspicious of anything on eBay with logo'ed polythene bags or other easy-to-forge packaging materials, Certificates of Autheticity included. Hope the above is useful to you, and that your purchase was a good one.

Dapper Dandy

Reaction score
I have no reason to doubt what v0rtex said, but I do have several pairs of authentic Collezioni pants (not odd suit pants) that say Armani Collezioni in the inside waistband. It could be that they only do that for odd slacks, and that suit pants don't get the same waistband.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The white tags mentioned in an earlier post are all the newer tag style from Armani collections over the past few years.

Slightly older Armani collezioni items will say "GIORGIO ARMANI LE COLLEZIONI" on a longer white tag. The inside will often have Armani Le Collezioni on the rubberized waist band area.

Also, as Dapper Dandy mentioned, even newer items with the new tags will often have "Armani Collezioni" on the waistband. I bought a suit from the winter collection 2 or three seasons ago (I bought it at the boutique) with this on the waist band.

Unfortunately, since Armani is such a large company and the Collezioni line has been produced in several places by several companies, it is hard to put a few tell-tale signs of authenticity. But, in general, those mentioned on the posts hitherto are good indications.

uslexus

Reaction score
One thing I noticed about those who sell on eBay is that the sellers who need to include things such as hangers, polybags, and what not, typically have a higher rate of selling fakes. It would cause me to question how someone can have the bag and the hanger but not the tags.

I'd really like to see some photos to help you out.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kpizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Why would you want an orphaned double breasted suit jacket?

causal wear with jeans? authentic or not?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slightly off the topic, i have a couple of old Armani pieces that are labeled just "Giorgio Armani" ... my guess is that this predates collezioni, when he didn't have diffusion lines. they're both extremely nice material and seem well-made (though i haven't put them under the xacto knife).

mousie

Reaction score
Hi all, I know this is an old thread however I had my heart set on a trench coat (winter 3/4 type) from a seller and I managed to get a picture of the label which from all my reading is a fake.

This is the label picture

Sorry about the size of the picture and I can only find a couple of ebay completed listings that have this. Would I be right this one would be a fake, any advice really appreciated.

Geoff

toplel

Reaction score
Legit?
$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads