1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How to spot a fake FERRAGAMO tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by idfnl, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Versace Guy

Versace Guy Senior member

Sorry for the necro, but I am also in the process of purchasing Ferragamo ties.

One aspect that I see the greatest variation of is in the fond of the "Salvatore Ferragamo" on tie holder. I assume ones with clear and and thin fond are the real ones, because that's what I see in Ferragamo stores, and ones with chalk-like fond are fake. Or is that just a matter of year produced?

Here's an example with clear label of letters.
    [​IMG]

And here's one with "chalk-like" fond. The letters here also seem much fatter.
    [​IMG]

2. double00

double00 Senior member

^^^ on the second tie look at the printed sig on the skinny end - it doesn't even say salvatore. it says "sabatore fovagamo" lol. plainly fake.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  3. Versace Guy

I don't know where you got that from. But it's "l" and "v" that look like a "b" on Salvatore. But "Ferragamo" does look a bit funky

4. Versace Guy

Here's another one with "chalky" looking letters:
    [​IMG]

But everything else seems legit....
    [​IMG]

5. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Here's one tip I've heard regarding both Hermes and Ferragamo: The silk texture/stripes should run vertical, not horizontal. I don't know the technical term for it, but if you zoom in on either ties (at least the legit ones), you should see that the silk goes in vertical stripes. (or at least somewhat vertical/a bit slanted)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015