How To Spend It.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Nov 1, 2010.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

The Financial Times has a nice section called How To Spend It in which assorted tastemakers and Arbiter Elegantiaes write blogs about the kind of life that Internet Gentlemen aspire to. IGent favorites such as Nick Foulkes appear periodically. Unfortunately, it is one of those appalling flash sites. www.howtospendit.com/

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I'm not supposed to buy anything from you.

Apparently, you don't know how to use parcel post.

- B

3. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Knowin' how to spend it. I never ordered a Brandy in my life that wasn't Cordon Bleu... I took two-hundred from shylocks to see Sinatra at the Garden? Sat two seats away from Tony Bennett. That's success!

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I'm not supposed to buy anything from you.

Apparently, you don't know how to use parcel post.

- B

I'd like to assure you that that assistant is no longer employed.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Isnt "minion" a more apropos term?

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Knowin' how to spend it. I never ordered a Brandy in my life that wasn't Cordon Bleu... I took two-hundred from shylocks to see Sinatra at the Garden? Sat two seats away from Tony Bennett. That's success!

Just for you.

- B

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I'd like to assure you that that assistant is no longer employed.

It's more OKD to fire the customer.

- B

8. RJE

RJE Senior member

These magazines are very useful at cutting out the middle-man. There are groupies (art advisers, car advisers, property advisers, designers, Oxfam resellers) hanging around the ultra-rich looking for ways to spend their clients' money. Sometimes these hangers-on resort to faux-bigtimer threads in which they ask for advice e.g. how to spend min. $100 000 on a gift?

The Times has a similar publication, now hidden behind a paywall. A couple of months ago they had an issue focussing on the Italian High Life, with an article of Italian men's clothing style, mentions of Rubinacci et al. I hadn't realised this Italy-focussed motorcycle place wasn't too far from me http://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com/.

They kept these publications going through the worst of the financial meltdown a couple of years ago - really tacky.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

These magazines are very useful at cutting out the middle-man. There are groupies (art advisers, car advisers, property advisers, designers, Oxfam resellers) hanging around the ultra-rich looking for ways to spend their clients' money. Sometimes these hangers-on resort to faux-bigtimer threads in which they ask for advice e.g. how to spend min. $100 000 on a gift?

The Times has a similar publication, now hidden behind a paywall. A couple of months ago they had an issue focussing on the Italian High Life, with an article of Italian men's clothing style, mentions of Rubinacci et al. I hadn't realised this Italy-focussed motorcycle place wasn't too far from me http://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com/.

They kept these publications going through the worst of the financial meltdown a couple of years ago - really tacky.

I don't see why not--the newly created wealth in Russia and China love this kind of stuff.

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I don't see why not--the newly created wealth in Russia and China love this kind of stuff.

The Franklin Library should amend and reprint their Great Books series, and provide gilded, leather bound editions of Das Kapital and the Communist Manifesto to the eager, LVMH-clad, box-chardonnay swilling bourgeoisie of Eurasia.

[​IMG]

- B

11. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

STFU, vox. Simply because you didn't back me in my banning thread.

12. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

^^Just use a Kindle. Gets rid of the clutter.

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Fuck you

STFU, vox. Simply because you didn't back me in my banning thread.

Suckas.

[​IMG]

- B

14. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I know how to spend it. Let's have a useful thread telling us how to make more.
    And please no links to that tall guy with the big teeth telling us how to release the giant within.

15. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

^^Just use a Kindle. Gets rid of the clutter.

Kindles are awesome. They are amazing for traveling! I just wish they had a backlight. Thats why you get the ipad [​IMG]

I must say though, I kinda miss the material forms of books and putting them on my shelf after I've read them. [​IMG]