How to Shrink Jeans a Lot?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by atlien, Dec 4, 2006.

1. atlien

atlien Member

I have a pair of really comfortable jeans that have stretched out to the point where they no longer fit at all. When I wear them they fall past my ass and I look like a No Limit Soldier.

Is there any way to shrink them considerably without having to take them to a tailor? I've tried sticking them in the dryer for an extraordinarily long time and that only fixes the problem for about 3/4 of the day.

They've got some linen in them too; I don't know if that has any affect on making them shrink more. They're made by Varvatos.

2. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

You can boil them. Next time don't buy Varvatos [​IMG]

3. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

This thread pops up over and over again. Please use the search button next time.
    It's been said countless times, the only way to shrink jeans is dryer or hot soak, but it'll never be for a good long time which is probably what you're looking for. Stick around on this forum and you'll have a good idea of what to buy for you're next pair of jeans.

4. atlien

atlien Member

Yeah, I picked them up for 20 bucks so I figured it was a decent deal- I only recently started getting interested in clothing, so I'm busily learning.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

How much are varvatos jeans normally? That sounds like a crazy deal. TJ Maxx or something?

6. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

Varvatos jeans are shit.

7. Max

Max Senior member

Get a belt?

8. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

This thread pops up over and over again. Please use the search button next time.
    It's been said countless times, the only way to shrink jeans is dryer or hot soak, but it'll never be for a good long time which is probably what you're looking for. Stick around on this forum and you'll have a good idea of what to buy for you're next pair of jeans.

You from the superfuture? That's the standard SF answer.