• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

how to ship a suit to a buyer?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I sell a suit to someone, what's the best way to pack it for shipping?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
If I sell a suit to someone, what's the best way to pack it for shipping?

I hand deliver the suits that i sell....

HarleyBob

Reaction score
If it was advertised as "new with tags," I believe it should be shipped so that it does not arrive in a wrinkled mess. I would expect it to be in condition for me to take it to the tailors without having to take it to be pressed.

If it is a "used" suit, I would anticipate receiving it in the smallest package possible in order to reduce the cost of shipping. That would undoubtedly imply that it could or would arrive all wrinkled. That would be fine because I would expect to take it to be dry cleaned before I wore it or before I took it to be tailored.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
If it was advertised as "new with tags," I believe it should be shipped so that it does not arrive in a wrinkled mess. I would expect it to be in condition for me to take it to the tailors without having to take it to be pressed.

If it is a "used" suit, I would anticipate receiving it in the smallest package possible in order to reduce the cost of shipping. That would undoubtedly imply that it could or would arrive all wrinkled. That would be fine because I would expect to take it to be dry cleaned before I wore it or before I took it to be tailored.

+1

-LR

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
take it to the tailors without having to take it to be pressed.

Your tailor would not press it while/before/during the alterations?

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the OP...

So you finally managed to sel the PRL suit you bought for $50?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
If you're a cheap bastard

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=32416

If you're not a cheap bastard, I sell shipping boxes for suits. I have three of them from when I bought some Ralph Lauren Black Labels. They're basically large boxes with hangers inside. I'm happy to sell them to people on here, if anyone's interested.

The best way is to in shipping boxes for suits wit hthe hanger but I've bought suits off ebay and on this forum and its come in a variety of ways-from folded up/stuffed in a USPS priority box to the suit boxes.

singlechange

Reaction score
Ditto for USPS Flat Rate box if suit is on the heavy weight side. If lighter in weight, the nonFlat Rate box offered by USPS works.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
To the OP...

So you finally managed to sel the PRL suit you bought for $50?

no, its a suit that I bought that didn't fit.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.