• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

how to ship a suit to a buyer?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
3,073
Reaction score
227
If I sell a suit to someone, what's the best way to pack it for shipping?
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,765
Reaction score
2,697
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
If I sell a suit to someone, what's the best way to pack it for shipping?

I hand deliver the suits that i sell....
 

HarleyBob

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
411
Reaction score
20
If it was advertised as "new with tags," I believe it should be shipped so that it does not arrive in a wrinkled mess. I would expect it to be in condition for me to take it to the tailors without having to take it to be pressed.

If it is a "used" suit, I would anticipate receiving it in the smallest package possible in order to reduce the cost of shipping. That would undoubtedly imply that it could or would arrive all wrinkled. That would be fine because I would expect to take it to be dry cleaned before I wore it or before I took it to be tailored.
 

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
47
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
If it was advertised as "new with tags," I believe it should be shipped so that it does not arrive in a wrinkled mess. I would expect it to be in condition for me to take it to the tailors without having to take it to be pressed.

If it is a "used" suit, I would anticipate receiving it in the smallest package possible in order to reduce the cost of shipping. That would undoubtedly imply that it could or would arrive all wrinkled. That would be fine because I would expect to take it to be dry cleaned before I wore it or before I took it to be tailored.


+1

-LR
 

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
41,692
Reaction score
64,427
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
take it to the tailors without having to take it to be pressed.

Your tailor would not press it while/before/during the alterations?
 

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Messages
1,932
Reaction score
165
To the OP...

So you finally managed to sel the PRL suit you bought for $50?
 

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
4,658
Reaction score
57
Originally Posted by chasingred
If you're a cheap bastard

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=32416

If you're not a cheap bastard, I sell shipping boxes for suits. I have three of them from when I bought some Ralph Lauren Black Labels. They're basically large boxes with hangers inside. I'm happy to sell them to people on here, if anyone's interested.


The best way is to in shipping boxes for suits wit hthe hanger but I've bought suits off ebay and on this forum and its come in a variety of ways-from folded up/stuffed in a USPS priority box to the suit boxes.
 

singlechange

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
513
Reaction score
4
Ditto for USPS Flat Rate box if suit is on the heavy weight side. If lighter in weight, the nonFlat Rate box offered by USPS works.
 

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
3,073
Reaction score
227
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
To the OP...

So you finally managed to sel the PRL suit you bought for $50?


no, its a suit that I bought that didn't fit.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 15 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 74 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 141 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 70 16.4%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 35 8.2%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 24 5.6%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 14 3.3%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 3.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 100+

    Votes: 26 6.1%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,485
Messages
9,199,593
Members
193,208
Latest member
cbulbul

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top