• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how to rock navy chinos (without looking like a custodian)

dmass1

Reaction score
I've seen a few threads and questions on navy chinos and while most of the opinions are against them, some people claim to wear em well.

I just bought a pair and think they can be worn to look good, but it can be tricky.

.. So how do you all wear them? What shoes, shirts, belts etc? Post some pics.

dmass1

Reaction score
Haha. Come on... It isn't THAT dumb.

Maybe I should have left out the janitor part?

What I meant is that navy blue chinos sometimes give off a "uniform" vibe. How do you get around this and make them look stylish?

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
i know im probably feeding a troll but...

just dont wear whatever it is that janitors wear outside of navy chinos. Really. You'll only look uniformy if you have that grey button up with a embroidered titty tag with whatever beat ass black shoes.

dmass1

Reaction score
Definitely not a troll... I know I'm not the only one who has difficulty pairing blue chinos with an outfit in a business casual setting.

I also don't see it in the WAYWT threads, MC or SW&D. I see navy suitpants, but not chinos...

Do you have any examples of them being worn well cowsareforeating?

East2West

Reaction score
Make sure they fit well and try a brown shoe instead of black

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
yes. finding images -- will edit shortly very plain outfit... he does not look janitory in any way.
372_e37575a3fb.jpg

Crooow

Reaction score
Are you carrying the mop around with you? Because if so, I don't think the right shoes and/or belt will make a lick of difference.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think this is easy enough, don't wear a matching shirt with your chinos and you won't look like a janitor.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmass1
Haha. Come on... It isn't THAT dumb.

Maybe I should have left out the janitor part?

What I meant is that navy blue chinos sometimes give off a "uniform" vibe. How do you get around this and make them look stylish?

asking how to make navy chinos look good is like asking how to wear a white shirt. its pretty much one of the dumbest questions one could pose, ever. i can't even believe i'm replying in this thread, it has all the makings of someone obviously trolling. now, if you told me you were 12 years old and still in grade school, I may take you seriously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads