1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How to recognize nationalities through clothes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fabienne, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Roy

Roy Senior member

I asked for you, but I can't help you. My dad says for him she works virtually free because he helped her set up this business. I haven't talked to that person myself.

2. ernest

ernest Senior member

You said me you would ask so I wan waiting for an answer...

3. ernest

ernest Senior member

Fabienne, you are cute.

I like your style.

4. mr carter

mr carter New Member

Here's another one that most of you probably aren't aware of yet but will become more apparent as the Chinese middle class begins to travel abroad more:

The modern Chinese male -- off-the-rack black suit with label still on the sleeve, dark golf shirt, man-purse, fake alligator shoes, translucent polyester socks, and requisite cigarette held between forefinger and thumb like a German SS officer.

The boldest color these guys venture into is navy blue, and I guess even that is considered a bit "fruity".

Black suits are worn pretty universally here; even farmers and construction workers wear them while doing manual labor every day.

That being said, Shanghai is still a great place to get quality tailoring at a great price.

5. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I do remember the same thing for Turkey, but the suits were more taupe or grey. I saw men fixing the streets in Istanbul wearing suits and sometimes even long, rather elegant topcoats. When you look at pictures of war-time Paris, and I'm sure this goes for most other European countries, men were in suits, and if not, they at least wore a dress shirt, and often a hat.

What happened.?..

Related side note: Everybody should go read the top ten lists ViroBono posted in the joke thread. I couldn't stop laughing.

6. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

ViroBono, interesting site, thanks for the link. I see that your service is less immune to the pre-tied bow tie and polyester shirt than you'd like [​IMG] I picked up a pair of black Grenson jodhpurs that will look similar to the George boots under the uniform. I wish I had the patience to wait and see Bennie's stock in February, but I have at least two balls between now and then. Paul Stuart on Madison had one pair left in my size and on sale, got a decent but not phenomenal deal. Haven't earned my spurs and have no plans to do so, so not an issue [​IMG] Tom