1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How to protect boots against snow and salt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spatten, Oct 27, 2004.

1. spatten

spatten Senior Member

Guys, I just moved to a state that will have significant snowfall and use large amounts of salt to clear the ice. Â I just purchased a pair of Grenson Tor boots, that I will specifically be using for these upcoming wintery conditions. Is there anything I should do different to care for these shoes, or protect them - as I know they will be used for the bad conditions? Thanks, Scott

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

It's my understanding that it's mainly the salt that will destroy leather, so be sure to brush and rinse them off thoroughly before putting them away (with trees, of course). And polish more often, obviously.

I doubt that's any news to you, but that's all I can offer.

3. Kai

Kai Distinguished Member

4. RIDER

RIDER Distinguished Member

Dubbin - marketed now as 'Chelsea Leather Food'. Comes from England and I just got a sample in the shop. Looks great http://www.bayshoredist.com/pg2.html Put some on this morning, rubs in nice, easy to work, water beads right off, smells nice and even enhances the brown leather tone I tried it on.

5. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

You might want to try some Obenauf's. The Leather Oil would probably be good with some paste wax polish on top.

6. spatten

spatten Senior Member

Thanks guys, I hoped everyone wouldn't mind another shoe care thread.

Take care,
    Scott