• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to procure Canali on sale?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach

Completely machine made poorly fitting crap with mediocre fabrics for rip off prices.

Out of a pick-up truckful of Kitons, Isaia Napolis, Borrellis, Belvests, Barberas, Zegnas, Mabros and Cornelianis - not one OTR suit would fit me right.
But Brioni does.
What say you ?

BTW, you didn't answer my original question

bdbb

Reaction score
Haven't tried a suit, but out of my nice dress shirts i think the brioni is best by far. This is out of RLBL, isaia, luciano barbera, lorenzini, turnbull

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Out of a pick-up truckful of Kitons, Isaia Napolis, Borrellis, Belvests, Barberas, Zegnas, Mabros and Cornelianis - not one OTR suit would fit me right.
But Brioni does.
What say you ?

I say you must be very rotund, for that is the Brioni cut.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Brioni is for people who know nothing about clothes but feel by paying the most they are getting the best.

Completely machine made poorly fitting crap with mediocre fabrics for rip off prices.

"Poor fitting" is highly subjective. The rest I agree with. Mind you at the right price, I would consider Brioni.

But what do I know, I like Canali at the right price.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicad2000
I've come to the decision that I want to purchase a charcoal Canali suit as the cut works really well for me. However, I am rather reluctant to pay the $8XX that Bluefly wants for one - you guys have spoiled me with all of your discount shopping

Agreed; Bluefly is a complete rip-off when it comes to finding bargains. Years ago with the ever-available 20% off coupon, one could find many deals on Bluefly, but recently there seems to be little savings reflected in the actual purchase price. In addition, the majority of their offerings tend to be atleast 1 collection year old. It seems that a sale at a Dept. Store or Outlet will bring you much more value for the money spent. For ex., Nordstrom's current sale has Hickey suits at $599.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You mean like these Brioni samples ?

Toorman

Reaction score
Move to NYC.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, because the ad campaigns always reflect the clothes. Just like Purple Label fits just as slim as it does on their website.
laugh.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

These are atrocious. Especially the one on the far left.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At the risk of assuming that your are not being deliberately inflammatory, I will say that out of a range of Italian-made suits in my wardrobe - which include RL Polo, Caruso, Zegna and Corneliani - my Brioni suit (Traiano model) actually has the slimmest cut. I found this somewhat surprising as Caruso has a reputation for slender cuts, but the Brioni is almost too tight for me.

Biscione

Reaction score

Anyone who considers any of that clothing to be a good fit (disregarding the quality of the actual designs) is out of their mind.

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
I love it when a normal thread unexpectedly turns into a flame war overnight. It's like a little present waiting for me at work in the morning.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shoulders on the left guy look like deadly weapons straight out of Batman's wardrobe

Or is it Goldorak?

goldorak.jpg

scot

Reaction score
Canali fits me. Corneliani fits me pretty well and brioni also fits pretty well. Isaia probably fits me best. Out of all of those, corneliani has the best quality fabric. I know most people don't want to hear that, but it is true (At the normal human price range at least, 6k+ a suit and brioni probably wins but I wouldn't know).

That being said most of my suits are of the first two names and I didn't spend much for either. Unfortunately the cost has gone up as the dollar has tanked. Discounts are still available though, especially on ebay and if the RTW sizing fits you I suggest searching there. There are a bunch available at the 600-700 dollar range and are worth every penny. If you want suggestions for who to buy from, let me know and I'll give you some names.

In stores you just have to wait for the department store sales. Nothing else you can do.

Scot

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
Saks currently has a number of Canali suits on sale. They had a further 25% markdown yesterday. After the 25% markdown, the price came to $597. I am not sure if this qualifies as a "good" price for Canali but I was pleased. They are usually happy to locate your size if you see something you like in a different size. They also have Kiton 7 fold ties marked down to $70 which also seems like a good price.

Hope this helps.

FYI - this was at Saks in Pittsburgh but I would have to imagine that those of you in bigger cities just have more to choose from

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics