• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to procure Canali on sale?

nicad2000

Reaction score
I've come to the decision that I want to purchase a charcoal Canali suit as the cut works really well for me. However, I am rather reluctant to pay the $8XX that Bluefly wants for one - you guys have spoiled me with all of your discount shopping. As I am in NC, there are only a couple of local stores (Saks & Nordies) that carry the brand. And almost never at a significant discount.

Are there any other sources for such a suit that I am missing? I need a EU54 if that matters... Thanks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicad2000
I've come to the decision that I want to purchase a charcoal Canali suit as the cut works really well for me. However, I am rather reluctant to pay the $8XX that Bluefly wants for one - you guys have spoiled me with all of your discount shopping. As I am in NC, there are only a couple of local stores (Saks & Nordies) that carry the brand. And almost never at a significant discount.

Are there any other sources for such a suit that I am missing? I need a EU54 if that matters... Thanks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

deals can be found on ebay if you search long enough. Never seen them on STP or VCH.

article3dave

Reaction score
Although SF members cleared their Oxxford and Brioni Stock in less than 36 hours, Kilgore Trout (Cleveland, Oh.) has Canali about 50% right now. The salesmen are very helpful on the phone: 216.831.0488

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by article3dave
Although SF members cleared their Oxxford and Brioni Stock in less than 36 hours, Kilgore Trout (Cleveland, Oh.) has Canali about 50% right now. The salesmen are very helpful on the phone: 216.831.0488

They didn't have 42's left though, right?

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
I picked up a 52L Canali at the Nordstrom twice yearly sale at 60% off. You've just got to ask the sales associate to get your size delivered from another store if there are no 54's in stock.

Lint Brush

Reaction score
Bloomingdale's also carried them, often significantly reduced.

article3dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
They didn't have 42's left though, right?

I didn't ask the full range of sizes. I asked specifically about the Oxxfords and Brioni. The salesman said that he "did not have a stitch left" thanks to you guys, but that he had a number of Canalis at 50% off. I only inquired about a couple of sizes, such as 38 and 40.

lpresq

Reaction score
Just called. THey have a Canali "postman blue" with subtle pinstripe avail in 42R. Also, he noted the store only has about 6- 42R suits left, mostly beige and light brown.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm used to seeing a lot of Canali at the Barney's Warehouse Sale in NYC. Of course, I'm just now noting you're in North Carolina.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Just called. THey have a Canali "postman blue" with subtle pinstripe avail in 42R. Also, he noted the store only has about 6- 42R suits left, mostly beige and light brown.

did he mention how much?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you so keen on getting a Canali ?
In the last couple of years their quality went from decent to wooden suits, wooden ties and shirts fit for Italian equivalent of J.C. Penny.
I've got a Canali dress shirt from 4 years ago which next to the current stuff looks like Brioni.
I suggest you take your $$$ elsewhere.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Why are you so keen on getting a Canali ?
In the last couple of years their quality went from decent to wooden suits, wooden ties and shirts fit for Italian equivalent of J.C. Penny.
I've got a Canali dress shirt from 4 years ago which next to the current stuff looks like Brioni.
I suggest you take your $$$ elsewhere.

Brioni is overpriced crap, so I'm not sure your comparison is valid.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unlike what ?
lurker[1].gif

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Unlike what ?
lurker[1].gif

Brioni is for people who know nothing about clothes but feel by paying the most they are getting the best.

Completely machine made poorly fitting crap with mediocre fabrics for rip off prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads