• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to match with a pink dress shirt?

unprocessed

Reaction score
I have a pink dress shirt from CT I’ve never worn and was looking for tips on how to properly match it with a tie and suit. Worried the pink might be a bit too loud.

I was thinking about pairing it with a dark navy suit and this charcoal/very dark brown dot tie from Vanda or possible a navy dot tie.

892E881C-9CE3-469D-9072-1D3EE5674042.jpeg

35DFABE9-90A1-46C9-BAAA-244B390FEDD8.jpeg

9EF7ECAA-40F3-4510-A066-9C4748BA7FAF.jpeg

papado

Reaction score
Personally for pink shirts I like going with a blue tie. If you go with a darker blue tie you can go either grey or blue suit; you can do a lighter blue tie and that would work with a more medium or lighter grey suit.

standaloneprotein

Reaction score
I found pink stripes shirts way more versatile than any solid pink colour. I had good success with a off white pant/light gray but not for everyday use.

IChen

Reaction score
I generally do blues with pink. navy tie, navy suit. or jeans. I know some like Pink and brown. I'd probably prefer navy > grey before going with brown..

pink is easier to wear than you think

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As others said, navy will be your best friend. Navy suit, navy sport coat with grey trousers. I've also done it with charcoal and a black tie, but that's a louder look than some are comfortable with. If you want to go prep look, pink with khaki works well.

I would argue that pink is the third or fourth most versatile color after white and blue. For what it's worth, lavender is the other contender.

The best advice: don't overthink it. Wear it with confidence and you're in the clear.

armandzadza

Reaction score
Also, if you are adventurous and willing to go preppy, try pairing it with a light green tie.

leakycow

Reaction score
Keep your jacket on and it won't be too loud.

Bottle green or other dark shades are a good match besides the others already suggested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads