• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to make your bachelor pad smell nice?

CarllraC

Reaction score
I wouldn't say my place smelss bad, it just doesn't smell good. Ever walk into a girl's place and it just smells, well, nice?

What the **** black magic do they work in there to make everything smell so good, and is there a manly equivalent that I could buy in the next day or two because I have a girl coming over on Thursday night?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The women I know, are big on candles. They've always got them burning. They like exotic air fresheners, also . . . one woman I know, boils rose leaves whenever company is due. In cool weather, a pot full of apple cider and cinnamon sticks, is cozy and comforting.
As to why men's places may not smell that great, not sure. I can tell you that some men I know, aren't concerned about cigarette smoke, jackets that have been worn in bars, hats that might not smell too hot, gym clothes that need attention, sneakers, etc. Also . . . and this is vital: never ever allow your furniture to acquire a 'body' smell. That is the worst. You know it when you smell it . . . sour, stale, a little bit oily. I smell this a lot, on commuter trains. That smell, is deadly. Once it's there . . . you can't eradicate it. Air out your furniture, keep it vacuumed, etc.
Before company, light some fresh smelling candles. Flowers help, too.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CarllraC

What the **** black magic do they work in there to make everything smell so good, and is there a manly equivalent that I could buy in the next day or two because I have a girl coming over on Thursday night?

I believe it's because they, like, wash stuff.

Stax

Reaction score
How to make you bachelor pad smell nice?

Have a lady move in.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
How to make you bachelor pad smell nice?

Have a lady move in.

nod[1].gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
How to make you bachelor pad smell nice? Have a lady move in.
That's like saying that the only way to get a man to dress well is to have a woman choose his clothes for him. I dress myself, and my place smells neutral to good. Always. Oh yeah--candles, these little spice pillow things, and lots and lots of fresh air. Tom

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To make a bachelor pad smell nice :

1. Shower every day
  2. Fart only inside the toilet
  3. Don't let things rot in the kitchen sink
  4. Buy some scented candles

L0g4n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Don't let things rot in the kitchen sink

This is very important...as well as the fridge. Put baking soda in your fridge too.

Todd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CarllraC
I wouldn't say my place smelss bad, it just doesn't smell good. Ever walk into a girl's place and it just smells, well, nice?

http://www.illuminations.com/

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
burn candles!!
keep the same ones thoough if your gonna have more then one burning

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads