• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to look like crap while testifying on national TV

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(tragedy of the murder aside...)

I am killing time watching the Casey Anthony trial today. Three male witnesses in a row have come in wearing sloppy looking shirts and loosened ties (if they have ties at all). Do these young men not have mothers to help dress them?

5758522710-f2892955ef-b

5758644216-08f67d428c-b

Can't find a pic of the prosecutor, but his suit is at least two sizes too big.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Kim Kardashian got engaged and it's on the front pages everywhere. What do you expect?!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So why should witnesses be told to turn up like mannequins wearing clothes thus giving anyone a misleading view of themselves. Better to be natural, what to them would be costume fools no one.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was assigned to a female Judge for 2.5 years who primarily wore blue jeans, t-shirt and sneakers underneath her rob

At felony preliminary hearings, she allowed the undercover detectives and narco sheriffs to testify wearing t-shirts, flip flops & shorts

The fact that the pictured men in the OP's post actually wore buttoned shirts...and one wore a tie...but no jacket...is a miracle in of itself as most young men do not own a suit...let alone a business jacket.

A buttoned flannel shirt and khakis is the closet thing most have to formal wear as no one wears suits and ties anymore...even to court

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
There is much worse out there.
angelinajolie_114503720-419x587.jpg

Nasty matched shirt/pants combos go all the way back to Apparel Arts days.
confused.gif
Still trying to sell the same concept I see.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
(tragedy of the murder aside...)
I am killing time watching the Casey Anthony trial today.

No pun intended, right?
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Three male witnesses in a row have come in wearing sloppy looking shirts and loosened ties (if they have ties at all). Do these young men not have mothers to help dress them?

They do, but they are probably mothers not unlike like Casey Anthony. I mean, birds of a feather and all that.

Reaction score
angelina is looking hot again. she kinda had a few not so hot years.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SammyJ
Pathetic-do they really expect people to believe their testimonies dressed like that?

In certain circumstances, a suited up witness is even less credible. In criminal cases, these kind of witnesses are not expected to dress in suit.

pjshapiro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SammyJ
Pathetic-do they really expect people to believe their testimonies dressed like that?

And the judge-did anyone ever mind her casual dress?

I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money their attire was scripted by the lawyers involved.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. How many times has is it been mentioned on here that dressing SF approved in real life can potentially make one a target of sartorial discrimination.

I bet if these guys even tried wearing good outfit, their counsel would disapprove and ask theme to look casual, like a regular joe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads