• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to look like crap while testifying on national TV

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
I'm not surprised. How many times has is it been mentioned on here that dressing SF approved in real life can potentially make one a target of sartorial discrimination.

I bet if these guys even tried wearing good outfit, their counsel would disapprove and ask theme to look casual, like a regular joe.

A well dressed, fat-cat is one thing, a well dressed kid is just adawable!
inlove.gif

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
MichaelAy329, your story staggers me. Allowing police to testify against felony defendants while wearing shorts and flip-flops? That is just plain morally wrong. The contempt that expresses for the defendants takes my breath away. My dead grandfather, a well-but-soberly-dressed lawyer and staunch defender of equal justice under law, is spinning in his grave.

Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
I bet if these guys even tried wearing good outfit, their counsel would disapprove and ask theme to look casual, like a regular joe.

I want to believe you'd lose the bet. I fear you would win it. What have we come to, if lawyers WANT their witnesses to dress in a way that expresses disrespect for the law and the court that enforces it? How can people think that it is acceptable to attend a wedding, testify in court, or attend a funeral, in anything less than a coat and dress trousers (or, in hot weather climes, a guayabera or similar and dress trousers)? I understand if people don't own a coat or a guayabera, or don't own dress trousers. But I strongly suspect that a lot of the people who don't wear these garments in these situations do have those garments in their closet, and that their fit is acceptable.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like he wet his pants.

tacobender

Reaction score
I highly doubt anyone involved in this case other than the lawyers own nice clothes. They family didn't look like they were too well off, and the group the daughter associated with even less so.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well these are real people in the real world, not an SF approved clothing utopia.
Although the first guy should be thrown in jail for not wearing his tie properly. If one is going to wear a tie, either wear it properly or not at all.

Liberty Ship

Reaction score
Remember, they are in central Florida. What you are seeing is actual semi-formal. I am sure they immediately changed to more comfortable, casual attire in the courthouse restroom after appearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads