1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How to look like a super villain at work

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by decogeo, Aug 15, 2016.

1. decogeo

decogeo Active Member

I want to look more intimidating. I work in a conservative business environment and my power suit lost its power. Any ideas welcome.

2. decogeo

decogeo Active Member

Mods please move this to the menswear advice thread. Thanks.

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Done. I have to be honest though, I have no idea what you are asking.

4. gs77

gs77 Senior Member

He is asking for Tom Ford suit.

5. decogeo

decogeo Active Member

Lol, I should elaborate a little. It's a semi serious question, but maybe someone has good ideas on this. Typically dressing in an elegant way makes you look like a nice guy. In a business environment this is normally useful to build trust with your partners. But sometimes you may want a darker look, to make a strong impression or just for a change. Bad guys in movies often wear dark suits over a shirt and tie of the same color. This is hard to pull off without looking like an idiot, and I just mention this as an example of what I was thinking about.

6. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

Lol, I was going to say this also.

7. decogeo

decogeo Active Member

Yes that would be a start

8. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Distinguished Member

Many super villains are bald - Egghead, Ming the Merciless, Dick Cheney, Ernst Blofeld, Lex Luthor, Lord Voldemort, etc.

Hey, Ming and Voldemort didn't even own any suits, near as I can remember.

So it's not about the suit; it's about the scalp. Shave your head.

9. decogeo

decogeo Active Member

That's a correct observation and I used to shave my head when I was in my early 20s. But now it would get me into trouble at work. I am also not prepared to cut my hand off to replace it with a hook.

10. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Distinguished Member

Hey, if you're not willing to cut off your hand and have it replaced by a hook, are you sure you even deserve respect at work? Besides, if you have a hook, eventually someone will ask you what happened to your hand. And you can reply, "I sacrificed it for wisdom."

But I suppose you could hire some minions to follow you around. Or have a girlfriend as evil as she is beautiful on your arm.

If neither of these suggestions are to your liking, you could at least cultivate a sinister laugh.

Arranging to have your enemies mysteriously vanish, can also gain you serious super villain cred in the workplace.

Starting a rumor that you're a genetically engineered superhuman could work. Try quoting a lot of Milton's, "Paradise Lost," to really sell this one.

Do you ever wear a magical amulet with unspecified, but potent, mystical powers? One about the size of a pie plate, worn over your Nehru jacket? If so, earn a doctorate in some field - maybe The Influence of Gozer During the Third Reconciliation of the Last of the Meketrex Supplicants; or Necromantic Practices of the Early Aztec Civilization. So everyone can call you Doctor decogeo. (The choice of university from which you earned your degree matters. A doctorate from Brigham Young doesn't intimidate nearly so well as one from Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen.)

Keep a pet panther in your office. Call her Veronica. Have conversations with her in the presence of your co-workers. Every now and then, say to her, "Granted, that would solve the problem for today. But the Ruling Council warned us that they wouldn't be so lenient if we tried it a second time."

11. decogeo

decogeo Active Member

Michael:
    Ha! I knew there had to be a few experts on villain style here. I will take inspiration for a couple ideas that are feasible in real life: the doctor title I can work on, and, rather than an amulet, an obscure lapel pin could help.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016

12. decogeo

decogeo Active Member

13. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

glasses with no lenses can lend an air of insanity and pomposity

14. gs77

gs77 Senior Member

Long black leather overcoat will get you a long way. Think a la Gestapo, or Stasi

[​IMG]